Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Seat covers/skins...

wakesetter2188

I need to have the seats recovered on my 2000 Malibu VLX. Is there anyone that knows where I can get skins and replace myself or is it better to carry the boat somewhere and have it done?

Edited by wakesetter2188

I had the same seam tear on my 2001 VLX and I took it to a local "all-around" upholstery guy who was able to match the main color fine but he opted to reuse the piping since he couldn't get a good match. It turned out great and was inexpensive since I took him the seats. I hear it is relatively easy to do yourself, but I find the pros typically know the tricks to make it look like a pro job (and I didn't trust my abilities). :)

I don't know if Chee still does skins for Malibus but I'm sure a search on this site will pull up his contact info.

Best -

Charlie

Edited by Charlie

Yea....T thought about taking the seats out myself and just carrying them to someone and let them do it. I want to change the colors up some. The boat is black and white and I would like to add a little red to the seats with maybe some black piping

Yea....T thought about taking the seats out myself and just carrying them to someone and let them do it. I want to change the colors up some. The boat is black and white and I would like to add a little red to the seats with maybe some black piping

Chee is no more....lots of threads here about it.

I think if I were replacing everything in the boat I'd find a local guy to do it for me, and be very involved in how it was done. I have several ideas about things that could be done to improve things.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

Every time someone asks for chee's contact information, I can't tell if they haven't been on the site for a while or if they are trolling. lol. We should have a go to joke phone number to post when people ask!