Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ordering new boat - worthy upgrades?

dnowaczyk22

I have had it on my swim platform for the entire year, Greasy foot prints from working on it,Red dirt from Shasta lake, and over 160 HR of abuse, And the durability is amazing, I just used a soft brush and it cleans up so easy, I know the floor wont see near the amount of dirt or grease that my swim platform gets! Give these guys a call, they have pretty much all the templates for our boats, The cost retail is about the same as the nicer carpet, Here's the link, Give them a call! http://www.gatorstep.com/ And I hear is really easy to install your self, I'm bringing down to them when it's ready and they said it takes about 20 minutes to install.

What is the total cost to do a vlx (floor only)? I am very pleased with decadence, just curious what the cost is for a complete floor.

Edited by Fman

Its not a factory upgrade but I highly recommend putting a fresh air exhaust kit on your boat if you are surfing. Your dealer should be more than able to get you a deal on it and if not there has been one offered here on the crew site.

What is the total cost to do a vlx (floor only)? I am very pleased with decadence, just curious what the cost is for a complete floor.

Give them a call, or Call Active Water Sports and ask for Mason, They can get the kits for most boats, And might be quite a bit faster service!

• Like 2

GatorStep was a must have for us with coolers and gear being handed in and out. Also it helps alleviate some stress about kids slipping in especially when we are tied up.

I had GatorStep break the back pieces into 3 separate. They were listed as one strip at first but I thought it looked better as 3.

post-29046-0-64922900-1453570550_thumb.j

• Like 1

Its not a factory upgrade but I highly recommend putting a fresh air exhaust kit on your boat if you are surfing. Your dealer should be more than able to get you a deal on it and if not there has been one offered here on the crew site.

Actually the surf pipe (aka ~FAE) is an option on a new boat. I just added it to my 2016 23 LSV build. I saw it on another thread but on and Axis. I asked and it was available. Not sure if it was a mid-year add or what. Looks like the same concept and similar design as the FAE. I figured I'd rather have it done at the factory in case their is a warranty issue later. Price after discount was what I would expected to pay aftermarket.

• 3 weeks later...

On the 22VLX we just ordered we picked:

Diamond Hull

Base Stereo for the integration (still waffling on that)

PhenderPros

SurfPipe

Wake view Seating

2 pair cleats

3 Vent Heater (we'll do an aftermarket shower in the bin - I loved that idea)

Sport Dial Thingee

All the wake stuff (wedge, gates, bow tanks, etc)

PnP with Bags

Logo Carpet

Fancy PTM 140 billet mirror with tower arm

All white tower

Docking lights