Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2011 Malibu 23 lsv how to tell diamond hull vs wake plus!?!

Spills994

Hello all,

is the 2011-2013 23lsv only made in a diamond hull? I've researched for about an hour trying to find the answer and I guess I'm just not looking in the right places. Also if there are wake plus and diamond hull options on the lsv 23 how do you tell the difference? I saw on the vlx models there's a k or z to represent which hull it has. My buddy is looking at one and asked me to help.

Be easy on me.

Thanks.

According to the resources section of this website, the 2011-2013 23LSV is a V25 hull. The option for wake or diamond hull was available from 2014.

Assuming the resources section is correct :)

You can also check out this thread on how to tell the difference between the Wake or Diamond hull when looking at it.

http://www.themalibucrew.com/index.php?/page/articles.html/_/diamond-vs-wake-hull-r9

I did some further digging around. The Wakesetter 23LSV runs on the V25 wake hull. The Sunscape 23LSV runs on the V25 diamond hull.

So it would depend on if your 23LSV is a Wakesetter or a Sunscape

I would still visually check the hull via the explanation in the above link. I was shopping for a V-drive a few years ago and found some boats optioned that don't always follow the trend. Like a couple of 20LSVs that were actually wakesetters with no tower and had the LSV gel/graphics scheme. Both were new boats at a dealer so he ordered them that way.

I did some further digging around. The Wakesetter 23LSV runs on the V25 wake hull. The Sunscape 23LSV runs on the V25 diamond hull.

So it would depend on if your 23LSV is a Wakesetter or a Sunscape

How exactly do you tell if it's a WS or a Sunscape?

Reason i ask, is I'm looking at a 13' 23lsv, has the diamond hull, but owner says it's a wakesetter. Says wakesetter on the side like the rest of them.

I read where the easiest way to tell was the the shape of the edge of the hull at the rear. Wake is flatter on the outside edge, Diamond has a bit of a downward pointing edge.

Edited by Cmb396

From my understanding of what he explained is if it's a 2011-2012 and it's a Wakesetter lsv it's a wake hull.

What would be a good price to buy a 2012 lsv 23 at? Or an average price? He's trying to decide to pull the trigger on one now to versus in the Summer? Obviously they're going to be higher in the summer.

I'm sure someone will post some pics of the two hulls. It's very easy to tell from the rear. If you have a pic of the rear of the boat and can post it here, we can tell you in an instant.

Steve B.

How exactly do you tell if it's a WS or a Sunscape?

Reason i ask, is I'm looking at a 13' 23lsv, has the diamond hull, but owner says it's a wakesetter. Says wakesetter on the side like the rest of them.

I read where the easiest way to tell was the the shape of the edge of the hull at the rear. Wake is flatter on the outside edge, Diamond has a bit of a downward pointing edge.

If its a 2013 23LSV it will be a Wakesetter because they stopped making the Sunscape in 2012.

It could be a diamond hull on a '13 23LSV if it is late 2013. In 2014, there was the option of Wake vs Diamond. Malibu have been known to build a boat with next years specs if late in the current year. Thats how I got my 2015 Response TXI with a 2016 engine spec.

ahopkins22LSV

From my understanding of what he explained is if it's a 2011-2012 and it's a Wakesetter lsv it's a wake hull.

What would be a good price to buy a 2012 lsv 23 at? Or an average price? He's trying to decide to pull the trigger on one now to versus in the Summer? Obviously they're going to be higher in the summer.

That's not true, you could/can get a diamond hull WS LSV. Only way to tell is by looking at the hull as described in the link above.

Edited by ahopkinsTXi