Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

iPod ec2

ConnollyCrew

For those that want to use this cable for your iPhone and need this hard to find cable please contact Patrick Industries as they make and sell it and the Rockford head units that need these cables. I called and /spoke with Joelle, she was very helpful and they were not expensive. Joelle's direct number is 574 970 8335.

Edited by BamaLSV
  • Like 3

For those that want to use this cable for your iPhone and need this hard to find cable please contact Patrick Industries as they make and sell it and the Rockford head units that need these cables. I called and /spoke with Joelle, she was very helpful and they were not expensive. Joelle's direct number is 574 970 8335.

Something tells me that she's going to have a lot of phone calls to return tomorrow.

While I typically stick with bluetooth, I'm thinking that a custom cable to run across to the helm might be a nice addition.

• 4 months later...

The lady who answers now is Robyn.  Apparently Joelle left the company...still very easy to order.  I ordered the older version and the new version together for under $50.  The local Rockford fosgate dealer wanted $90.00 for just the (1) ec2 and couldn't get the old EC.  

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

Hate to bring up such an old thread,  but I picked this unit up on Ebay. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Rockford-Fosgate-IPODEC2-Apple-Lightning-to-9-Pin-Mini-DIN-iPod-6-ft-Cable-/292195950492?hash=item44083c5f9c:g:xFwAAOSweXhXl5XC

It is not working with my system.   2013 247lsv.    Any suggestions?   I have also noticed that my boat came with a ws-420 wet sounds eq,   can it be that the ports in the glove were "cancelled out"  so the eq would work?   or are the two not conjoining.    (the headphone jack works though, in the glove)   any thoughts?  

Boat was bought used, with the eq already installed. 

I also can identify a usb female port under the right screen dash.  Although I have read in a couple threads here not to use that for aux (screen goes unresponsive).  It does work when I plug it in with a usb-iphone cable. Hence the reason I bought that ipodec2 so I don't have issues with the screen.     

So I took apart that wall today and it seems like all is connected. Headphone jack works, the usb cable there charges, but that ipodec2 deal, isn't working. Pretty annoyed at this point. There was even a "cd changer" plug lol. Could it be that the ipodec2, is not compatible on a 2013? and it should be a ipodec first generation? then to use an apple adapter? Would anyone have an alternative to have everything work like factory? I'd like to control my music through the head unit so we can use the transom remote/head unit, to see what song is playing as well as fast forward and so on.    

A bit off topic, but I would like to run a backup camera to view through the malview screen,  I ordered all the parts through Bakes online.  Now, I'm just wondering, I do see one rca female coming inside that glove box, Could that be for video?   It looks like there is a coaxle cable coming out from it heading towards back of the amp wall.  Or do I run the wire directly to the malview? is there video in behind that screen? 

Would love to have these two things if at all possible. lol 

• 2 years later...

so what do I need to order to make it play, I also having trouble playing thru aux, radio is only option for me right now