Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Gunwale step pad?

kwebster1

I am not sure if that is the correct term for it, but either way, I have been trying to do some searching and can't seem to find much. I know axis and I have seen some malibus with a seadek type step pad along to the top rails of the boat and up in the nose. I really like the idea of having extra protection where people tend to step. Does malibu or anyone have a kit that isn't a DIY cut kit? Basically something trimmed out already for your boat like the factory does. It's looking like I am a few weeks away from a new to me 14 23lsv and I want to keep it in tip top shape.

Thanks!

I don't like the looks of the rubber pads on the gunwale. I've never seen one that looks like it should be there. On my boats, i take it to a shop locally that instals 3M paint protection film. It's cut on a cad cutter so it looks professional. They cover the top of the gunwales and you can't tell it's even there if you aren't looking for it. It over laps the top of the deck maybe 1/2" so it's only 4 or 5" wide. The last boat I had it on for 5 years and it never looked any different than the day it was installed it. IIRC, I had the tops done from the windshield to the transom for $125.

How did you find this thread? I have been looking for days as to not make a repeat thread and never saw it. I thought it was the one originally of the guy that cut them himself which looked good, but again on a dang near new boat, I'd rather pay someone to have it professional. I'll look into that website and see. Thanks!

I contacted SEADEK about this very topic for my MXZ. I spoke to Elijah there who was very helpful. They will have drawings for an entire kit (including replacing the carpet on the floor) for your LSV. They can send you the drawings for the entire kit where each piece is numbered. You can choose which pieces you want and they will quote and supply exactly what you need. You don't have to buy the whole kit. Like yourself, I only wanted to cover the gunwales and the front pickle fork area where the ladder is. They quoted me $335 for those pieces. I haven't decided if I'm going to go with it yet. I'm worried about how it will look. I think it would look okay with the amount of silver my boat has on it. Hope this helps.

How did you find this thread? I have been looking for days as to not make a repeat thread and never saw it. I thought it was the one originally of the guy that cut them himself which looked good, but again on a dang near new boat, I'd rather pay someone to have it professional. I'll look into that website and see. Thanks!

I follow that thread, so it just popped into my head.