Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Front Ballast Install Malibu VLX

TC_2006_VLX

I recently acquired a 07 VLX that doesnt have a front hard tank. I loved not having to fight with fat sacs on my 06 which had a front hard tank. If i can get my hands on a front hard tank how hard is it to install a front ballast? My wife hates having ballasts rolling around the boat, so if I can avoid having one it would be best (happy wife happy life).

I did a full wright up on this with lots of photos. You might be able to add it, you might not it depends on how your boat was built. If the bow seat base can be removed then your good to go. If not then you need to look at sacks.

http://www.themalibucrew.com/index.php?/topic/20114-bow-ballast-upgrade/

Edited by liljohn

I wouldn't waste your time looking for a hard tank. You could just use the under seat storage and plumb in a bag with a reversible pump.

If you really wanted to just make a platform for your seat cushions and put as big of a bag under there as you can and plumb in a reversible pump with a vent.

How do you determine if the bow seat base is removable? I believe I have a front ballast so wouldnt be a big issue on locating one.