Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Introduction/Thanks

MaliWop

Welcome!

Yes, one of the best things about this site is the general integrity and respect that is expected and displayed.

btw, you didn't waste any space - you contributed to the quality that you spoke of.

Enjoy your summer when it comes. It's 40 deg C (104 F) where I am as I write (Corowa) and the skiing is great!

Regards, Stephen.

Thisthreadisuselesswithoutpichers_zps944

• Like 3

Welcome to the crew. :werule: If you have indeed been lurking for a while then you already know that we are really good at spending your money on upgrades for your boat. You really wont find a better bunch of guys to get through the winter with.

Oh by the way it has been over 7 hours where are those pictures. Easiest way is to link to your favorite photo sharing site.

Welcome!

Enjoy your summer when it comes. It's 40 deg C (104 F) where I am as I write (Corowa) and the skiing is great!

What I would give for 40* weather right now.

If you have indeed been lurking for a while then you already know that we are really good at spending your money on upgrades for your boat.

This seems to always be the case with forums. Our MXZ is pretty well optioned out as it is. I do have a list of things I would like to do, but I'd like to get it out on the water and have our family spend some time in the boat. Than we can see what is important and what isn't. The thought of having to upgrade anything on these boats is crazy when you really think about it. 1st World Problems for sure. But if you work hard, you gotta play hard!

Here is what I have for pics. I didn't have them handy to post last night. Unfortunately she came straight home and was washed and shrink wrapped. So that's what I get to stare at until spring. The lighting in the pics isn't the best. The boat is absolutely immaculate. The metal flake sparkles real well in the sun.

2yjrjb4.jpg

2yxje4h.jpg

20ge2va.jpg

Edited by MaliWop
  • Like 2

And as per 09vRide put it,

From one Canuck to another.....Welcome, Eh :rockon:

Yup.....a few more weeks before we all get on the water up here.... Congrats!

by the way...I Love Red Boats .

Edited by Dare2goBare

I see you are from Calgary also - what lake do you go to?

We spend a lot of time on Lake Koocanusa. But locally it's usually Pine Coulee or Little Bow. This summer we will be primarily on Koocanusa. Where do you spend the majority of your time on the water?

We spend a lot of time on Lake Koocanusa. But locally it's usually Pine Coulee or Little Bow. This summer we will be primarily on Koocanusa. Where do you spend the majority of your time on the water?

Up the road from you at Lake Windermere.

As for upgrades - there are always things that can be improved. PM me if you want a few ideas.

I'm always open to ideas.

The boat has the following (among the numerous things I'm likely forgetting):

L96 6.0L

Rear/MIddle/Bow Ballast Hard Tanks

750 PNP's in the Rear Lockers

Sound Pack # 3 (I believe it's #3. Has 4 wetsounds in the Titan cans on the tower)

2 Outlet Heater

Shower

Underwater LED's

Tower Lights

Bimini

Runway Lights on the Trailer

Maliview

Prop - 99% sure it's the 1939 but can't perfectly see the etching on the hub. From what I can make out it's a 1939 though. Haven't taken it off yet.

Considered Upgrades:

Lifetime Supply of Collinite, 303, and Eagle One Wax As-U-Dry - I have a 2 and a 3 year old and I like a shiny boat...Nuff said.

Prop - No use changing it until we get out and use the boat to see how it fits our needs. I've spent a lot of time sizing props on Runabouts, Speedboats, etc. So I have a pretty good idea what to look for now.

Stereo - This is a tough one as I use to work in the industry and love good sound. But I really feel like I'm already pretty spoiled with what I have. So I'll try it out and see if I have any need to upgrade. Will almost definitely be adding a WS420BT.

Full trailerable tower boot to cover tower and seal to the elastic band around the base of the tower on the stock cover - Already have a guy lined up to do this who has already designed it for me. I want to keep the bugs and dirt off the tower when I'm trailering the boat. And I hate the huge gap around the base of the tower where the water gets in.

Blue Sea Add-A-Battery - Self Explanatory. I want to "Set it, and Forget it." These should really come installed from the factory as a standard option.

Great looking boat! I like the red and charcoal combo.

Thanks. For some reason these pictures look washed out. Looks quite a bit darker and richer in person. Must've been the lighting. Couldn't have possibly been my fine photography skills.

• Like 1