Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2014 Axis A-20 vs 2013 Malibu Ride 21'

Need2SkiT

So I have an opportunity to buy a used Axis A-20 or a new dealer carry over 2013 Malibu Ride 21' for about the same money. I have never surfed before but would like to get into it. Mainly looking for a surf/wake boarding boat but occasionally looking to slalom as well. The Axis has surf gate and the Ride does not. Both have similar options besides that. Which is the better boat?

Does the Axis have a bow tank? I own a Ride 21 and I would give up 6 inches for surf-gate. Test drive them both and decided which one fits your needs better.

Demo'ing both boats is a good idea... Ones perspective of what is important could be a lot different than another persons.

If it was my vote, i would say the Axis. Surf gate is pretty awesome and the Axis will offer more versatility if it has Surf gate and plug and play ballast.

Wish you luck on the boat purchase!

• Like 1

Does the Axis have a bow tank? I own a Ride 21 and I would give up 6 inches for surf-gate. Test drive them both and decided which one fits your needs better.

It has plug n play in the bow, more than likely

I agree that SurfGate is the best option.

Are you looking at the v-ride from skierspier in Michigan? If so, that one says "sale pending." I had a 2010 Malibu with no surfgate, and now I have a Malibu with surfgate. Night and day difference. Get the surfgate.

Are you looking at the v-ride from skierspier in Michigan? If so, that one says "sale pending." I had a 2010 Malibu with no surfgate, and now I have a Malibu with surfgate. Night and day difference. Get the surfgate.

That was my guess... Cool looking vride

The v-Ride at Skiers Pier is used but there is a new red and black v-Ride in NY. Looks sharp.

Regardless of which v-Ride though, my vote would be for the Axis when comparing the two. Is there a certain budget you have in mind?

Edited by BlknYlwT22