Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

ballast echelon

Timalibu

Tell us what you have now, and your style of riding.

The best wake I ever had was behind my Echelon, it felt like hitting a quarterpipe; it would throw you straight up and you hoped you carried enough speed in to the cut to make the transition. I personally like a super-lippy wake for wakeboarding, but my knees don't like it anymore. The rampy wake on my LSV is nice, but I need to ride slightly faster (23) to float the hit while in the Echelon I could transition at 21.5 at 75-80' back.

When I had it fully loaded, the Echelon rub rail was at the water line above 20 MPH for the last 2-3' of the boat. I was running a wedge (one of the first on a '93), ~500 on each side of the engine pod in a "jump seat" sac by Launch Pad, and ~500 under the closed bow to balance it all out. I learned quickly that I had to come to a complete stop when the rider fell/dropped, and then turn around at idle to pick them up. With the number of times I dunked the bow of that boat I'm amazed I never swamped it. The plan was always to use the ballast pumps if we got too much water in the boat. (not smart)

Be careful loading the Echelon, it doesn't have as much freeboard as the newer boats do!