Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Stock Transom Remote - 2016 23LSV

pauley71

If your running through the viper II Bluetooth, you can still control volume and tracks while your phone or device is safely in the cradle. If your spending time outside the boat at the transom, you really don't want to risk your device getting wet. It's a minimal cost when you look at the overall price tag of the whole package

• Like 2

The major issue is the warranty: my discussion with Malibu indicated that drilling holes in the boat voided the warranty for at least the general area and at most the entire gelcoat/hull. It's your call on how much you would use the transom remote, but when I was at the factory for my boat build I specifically requested the front ballast tank holes were drilled even though I didn't have a front ballast tank. (the ports were looped with a short piece of tubing to eliminate leaks) By having the holes drilled at the factory I avoid any possible warranty issues.

You could have the remote installed, but then remove the remote and put a cover in it's place but that's still something on the back of the boat.

FWIW: I've never needed a transom remote.

Depends if you find that you would use it. Now that the boats come with bluetooth capability I see no need for the transom or the rear seat console remote. I deleted them off my build.

You hang out at the back of the boat with your phone? that's a recipe for a swimming phone or ipod as far as our crew goes.

i don't have a transom remote or feel it would enhance our experience much if any

For a minimal cost, it is nice to have when you need it. I am usually helping people lace up their boots, so i like to be able to turn down the stereo if I need to talk with someone. The transom remote is much easier than asking someone in the cabin to turn down the stereo.

BTW - That is the same one that came on my boat. I don't recall the price, but it can't be much.

Edited by bbattiste247

Comes down to personal preference. .. I have one and find it handy when anchored and we're

bobbing / swimming around the boat. No need to have any sinkable devices around to losee.

On my old boat, every time one of the kids would climb off the swim platform and onto the pads, they would hit it inadvertently, turning it off or changing the source. Didn't get it this time around and don't miss it...

On my old boat, every time one of the kids would climb off the swim platform and onto the pads, they would hit it inadvertently, turning it off or changing the source. Didn't get it this time around and don't miss it...

In my experience this is a problem with the "touch" remotes. It's not a problem with the remotes with actual buttons that have to be depressed.

• Like 1

I just don't see how Bluetooth changes the need for an outside of the boat remote, if such a need exists. Plus, Bluetooth degrades the sound quality. Maybe others don't notice, but I do.

My buddy got an Axis with a transom remote. They run a kicker branded unit and it has a volume knob. I can tell you that if you surf and toss the rope in it seems like it ALWAYS gets hit and cranks the volume up! Maybe not a problem without a knob (all buttons) but if you have folks retrieve your surf rope often it will get bumped and may drive you bonkers! One idea might be to pick up an old phone "just for the boat" and put it in a lifeproof float-able / waterproof case. Just thinking outside the box?