Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Chicago boat show

Ifinallygota21v

Checked it out yesterday and to finalize my order. Malibu/axis booth was great. M235 is LARGE! MB was directly across, I still like the way they look but dash is still outdated. New Tige dash looks like an afterthought. MasterCraft booth was boring, felt cold and no Xstar. Finally got to see a Pavati in person. It's a big boat with unique lines. I'll be interested in how it performs. Supra/Moomba had a large display and Nautique had the usual. Centurion and supreme were also in the house. Really surprised to see I/O companies coming out with forward drive surf boats. Overall it was a great show to see wake boats even more surprising, though, were the pontoons in the same price category as wake boats

Checked it out yesterday and to finalize my order. Malibu/axis booth was great. M235 is LARGE! MB was directly across, I still like the way they look but dash is still outdated. New Tige dash looks like an afterthought. MasterCraft booth was boring, felt cold and no Xstar. Finally got to see a Pavati in person. It's a big boat with unique lines. I'll be interested in how it performs. Supra/Moomba had a large display and Nautique had the usual. Centurion and supreme were also in the house. Really surprised to see I/O companies coming out with forward drive surf boats. Overall it was a great show to see wake boats even more surprising, though, were the pontoons in the same price category as wake boats

I was there yesterday too, but my impression was different. I like looking at all the new boats, but not a single inboard manufacturer had a direct drive or pure "ski" boat of any kind. No Response, no Prostar, no 200 (although they had the Sport 200 in the vdrive configuration), no Carbon Pro

I did look at a 2016 VTX they had there. The interesting thing was they said the VTX is no longer available with the "Wake" hull. They said so many of the orders were for the cut diamond it didn't make sense to keep two sets of molds for the VTX.

Summary? I guess if you want to ski it's crossover or nothing.

I was there yesterday too, but my impression was different. I like looking at all the new boats, but not a single inboard manufacturer had a direct drive or pure "ski" boat of any kind. No Response, no Prostar, no 200 (although they had the Sport 200 in the vdrive configuration), no Carbon Pro

I did look at a 2016 VTX they had there. The interesting thing was they said the VTX is no longer available with the "Wake" hull. They said so many of the orders were for the cut diamond it didn't make sense to keep two sets of molds for the VTX.

Summary? I guess if you want to ski it's crossover or nothing.

Summary is more likely that the folks who want a dd ski boat typically order them and know where the promo guys are. My Malibu dealer is the biggest one in the states and while they do typically have a response at the show it seems to be pretty rare that they have more than one in stock. Guess I'll see on Thursday what shows up. Typically for DD's it is a Response and a ProStar, no centurion and no nautique

Mastercraft had a poor showing at the Austin, Tx boat show in my opinion. Even had a couple 2015 boats but not displayed as a leftover 2015. Texas Makibu had a nice display of Malibu and Axis plus were located right next to a bar which was nice.

No X-star at Portland show either. Also, no X-46, no X-20, and no Prostar.

No direct drive boat in the entire show. First time I've ever not seen at least one. Sorry skiers.

I will say this... the X-30 they had was a real show stopper. Looks like something the guys at Texas Mastercraft would design.

4B43510B-A45D-4DD7-AC36-8E22B1DBB895_zps

ahopkins22LSV

The new Prostar is an amazing DD. so much room around the doghouse nowadays.

At the expense of storage and seating. It does have a ton of space to walk around in but at the price point to get a PS, no thanks.