Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

23lsv shower stopped working

I have a 2007 23lsv and the shower just stopped working. I've used it 3 or 4 times this year and I used it yesterday. It ran for about 1 minutes before the pump noise went away and no matter what buttons I played with I couldn't get it to start working again. The fuse was not blown and the on/off button still works and lights up when I turn it to on.

I didn't spend too much time looking but I couldn't even find a pump. The water line just went back to under the rear seat area that had a hot/cold dial.

Does this just sounds like a bad pump? Where do I look to find the pump and what model do I get to replace it.

Thanks!

My boat is a bit newer, but I've had some trouble with the shower too. To find the pump, you need to chase the lines back behind the mixer valve... It's back there. By the way you describe it, my guess is that there is a loose/disconnected wire or a local fuse/breaker to the pump that needs to be reset. Typically a pump doesn't just "give out" mid-stream; pumps will seize when left untouched, but once they're moving they usually stay moving.

Find the pump and run 12V to it so you can test to see if it's the pump or the electrical system. Once you determine which one it is, then the fun begins.