Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2004 23 LSV graphics update.

Gavin17

eeeeeeeeeee

I think domed #'s can make anything you want I like these I found but it was only the bottom layer of the stock drip molded decal. I would like to get another set of the four decals and put them on. The trick on these were the install they were straight on the trailer but tipped up in the front when in the water. First pic was the stock decals that had to go.

photo55.jpg

004.jpg

049.jpg

That's a good looking boat!

• 3 months later...

Did you paint or wrap the boat.  It looks like the gel lines went away.  I like it. 

Here's ours after some peeling and polishing today. 

eY_CDKIRp5X92Fm8j1VThZwFHbuKtd9Mb4swVKDi

Edited by Gavin17

Only wrapped under the rail, I wanted to keep a little contrast and more than one color.  Still haven't put the Malibu on the back yet. Can you post a link to your boat again?

Edited by 30378

I fixed my photo.  I'm still not sure what we'll do for decals.  I'm thinking a silver or chrome Malibu on the sides and nothing on the transom.  I like it so much better now with out the tribal decals.  Maybe I'll just leave it as is and call it finished.  

On 1/17/2016 at 5:18 PM, ibelonginprison said:

My wife has a vinyl cutter, so I ordered some silver vinyl and cut out two different versions.

Stripped the boat nekkid of the tribal crap, left the Malibu on the rear. Put the two different logos up to see which one we liked, and we ended up really liking it nekkid.

So... off they came, and that's where we sit.

I think even with your gel lines, if you slept on it you would probably like it.

1_IMG_1395_zpsemqg4shd.jpg

IMG_1514_zpslgxqkqnh.jpg

Also, when it comes time to strip the decals, try pulling up on the corner, almost like you're fluffing a bedsheet or opening the lid on a container, and NOT folding it back over itself (like, don't "peel" it off.)

When I peeling mine back it left a ton of residue. But when I lifted the end, and almost pulled towards me and "up" just a little it, it left very little residue.

Are your graphics chrome with a black outline? 

2 hours ago, Gavin17 said:

Are your graphics chrome with a black outline? 

It's the regular ol' light gray rubbery emblems that came on the '06 models.

30378 if you don't mind me asking how much did the wrap set you back I have been thinking of covering the forward red part of my boat in this thread like you did on the lower 1/2 of your boat and making mine all black. The wakesetter decals didnt last long on mine because they were only the first layer and got scuffed up. 

Edited by Doublee133

I don't mind at all for asking.  I paid $1500 for the wrap, which turned out looking pretty good. I tried everything I had to not spend the money, but I didn't think I was able to make it look right without doing the wrap.  So, I picked up a little extra hours at work to make it happen.  I really like the way it turned out and will get some more pictures besides a few feet away. So, you're wanting to wrap the bottom 1/2, too?