Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Who is riding already in 2016?

wakemitch

First season in a drysuit and I love it.  Been in since April 15th, and that would have been Easter weekend in March if I wouldn't have run into boat problems.  I'll probably go from drysuit to a heater-top.  The wetsuit has now become a tool to get others into the water.

• Like 1

First week of May & our lake temps are pushing 70 degrees already. Drysuits & wetsuits have been put away. Riding in heater tops & rash guards for a couple weeks now.   :Doh:

Got out in the second week of April on the boat. Still rocking the full wetsuit.  But after draining ballast and just floating around, the boat got stuck in neutral and then wouldn't turn back on again. Been in the shop sense with parts ordered. 

Missing out on the beautiful weather 

Made some runs this morning water still at 57 Air at 54 at start near 59 at end. Had a cold wind coming down the lake but water was not chopped up bad yet.  Had to get some time in as I was out of town and just needed some ski time.  Don't think we have been in dry suits this late other then maybe a cold morning in years past. Our water is always warm by this time! I was up at the cabin last week and had to have the wood stove going at night every night. This is getting old!  Day's were fabulous! 

We are always on Lake Mead in May and usually we won't even need a wet suit. But this year has been different. Nearly every weekend in April and May we have had rain, wind or just cool temperatures. We keep saying it will be nice next weekend, only to find out a storm is blowing in on Friday to wreck our weekend. Go away El Nino. 

• 2 weeks later...

Fine morning!  Out at 7:30 slight breeze 52 air water 62. Got some very good runs in and air was up into the 60's before we finished. Put the boat on the lift and a boat load of cruising folks went past.  Boats running from then on! 

I finally got a set in yesterday for the first time.  I patched my drysuit in anticipation of going out a month ago but it never happened.  Darn suit is still leaking too.

43 minutes ago, Badger said:

I finally got a set in yesterday for the first time.  I patched my drysuit in anticipation of going out a month ago but it never happened.  Darn suit is still leaking too.

What kind of suit; where's the leak?

it's an O'neill Boost.  It's leaking in the crotch area where all the seams come together.  I thought I had figured out exactly where and patched it, but apparently need to pressurize it again and get out the soapy water.

ahopkins22LSV
2 hours ago, Badger said:

it's an O'neill Boost.  It's leaking in the crotch area where all the seams come together.  I thought I had figured out exactly where and patched it, but apparently need to pressurize it again and get out the soapy water.

Call O'neill about it. Depending on age they may fix it for free. If they don't fix it for free they are pretty reasonable on their repair priced. I had my wrist and ankle seals replaced last year for $80. I feel that is well worth it to not have to mess with it yourself. You just ship it out and they ship it back.

What a day!  Got out this morning got some very good skiing in. Early this evening I get a call from one of my ski buds he got his boat back. Another brand had to have a valve job done. He thinks we should make some runs and see how its rubbing.  So back out for more skiing.  Oh life has been tough today! 

1 hour ago, Sixball said:

What a day!  Got out this morning got some very good skiing in. Early this evening I get a call from one of my ski buds he got his boat back. Another brand had to have a valve job done. He thinks we should make some runs and see how its rubbing.  So back out for more skiing.  Oh life has been tough today! 

Please report back tomorrow on your pain score - glad you got out!!

:lol:    Not any problem, we have been getting out enough to take the early season burn off.  My back was killing me before but skiing was making it better. Woke up this morning with very bad back but took the dog for a walk and put a old kidney belt on from my dirt riding days and things seam to be turning around!  Arms and legs are good to go. I will say I have done a good amount of workout time over the off season. 

4 hours ago, nohlan4 said:

IMG_1967.jpg
upload pic

IMG_1969.jpg
image hosting 10mb limit

IMG_1980.jpg
photo upload sites

Water was 58 but we still hit it pretty hard, even got caught in a rain storm! Can't wait till we hit 70 and can ditch the suits. Last picture was all worth it, also about as choppy as my lake ever gets which is a blessing.

Get your boat from Marine Max in Rogers?  Looks good!  I also see a new P5 Danielo Diamond, great board!

8 hours ago, Sixer said:

Get your boat from Marine Max in Rogers?  Looks good!  I also see a new P5 Danielo Diamond, great board!

Yes I finally have it up and running in the water! Actually it's a '15 aku, but I love it so far!

• 2 weeks later...

St. Louis area...late post but we surfed on april 23.  Water was 67, no suits.  Was great.  Was so pumped to get a jump on the season, but was not able to go out again till last weekend, oh well we hit it hard last weekend.  Going for week long at the lake in 2 weeks

Another fine day! Up at 6:40. Walked the big yellow dog, add A can of gas in the boat and off for some excellent skiing!  Michigan morning 56deg. At start but warmed up nicely.  Home a nice breakfast and coffee just sitting on the porch now watching the lake get busy!  Hope all you crew get as good a day!  :yahoo: