Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Who is riding already in 2016?

wakemitch

• 1 month later...

3rd Wednesday in a row for our Bow Lake Mens Dinner Club. Weather was supposed to rain but we started with "filtered sun" ended up with glass and blue sky - but it was quite a bit colder this week - resorted to my neoprene hood for the second set. 

With every night below freezing for the last two weeks or so until last night I was in the water today to give the big yellow dog a bath. I had waders on and my hands were numb in a very short time. We are getting some nice days this week so I have hope! I wont even get a chance to look at my docks and lifts before Tuesday next week. The docks are somewhat in but not finished. I thought I might be in trouble about two weeks ago as our lake closed back up (ICE) nights in the single diets.   This is a bad start!

spent two hours in a drysuit tuesday planting the course.  that's such a good feeling to see those balls up again.

one each bf and slalom run yesterday.  can't believe it has been a month since the last sets.  sun really warmed the pond up since tuesday.

forecast says the wind is going to trash the lake today/friday; hoping for the weekend.  

15 day forecast says we don't worry about freezing again but, given we are in michigan gotta take that w a grain of salt.

2 hours ago, tvano said:

spent two hours in a drysuit tuesday planting the course.  that's such a good feeling to see those balls up again.

one each bf and slalom run yesterday.  can't believe it has been a month since the last sets.  sun really warmed the pond up since tuesday.

forecast says the wind is going to trash the lake today/friday; hoping for the weekend.  

15 day forecast says we don't worry about freezing again but, given we are in michigan gotta take that w a grain of salt.

grain of salt...michigan...I see what you did there

Did you ski in the drysuit? Or use a wetsuit?

7 hours ago, BuNewb said:

grain of salt...michigan...I see what you did there

Did you ski in the drysuit? Or use a wetsuit?

drysuit, although w the temps we have right now it won't be for long!  beautiful day.

On February 22, 2016 at 11:19 AM, wakemitch said:

I was lucky enough to get out this weekend 

My fiancée even got a 360 on her first ride of the year   I hope it gets her more into riding!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

IMG_0827.mov

image.thumb.jpeg.860b5968c3dbc39ec9e6035image.jpeg

Sweet boards! I have had the Agent for 4 years.

MalibuNation

I finally got out yesterday.  Water wasn't bad with a 3/2 wetsuit considering last 2 weekends we had snow.  Turning 60 next month I can tell I need to get in better shape and round doesn't count.

20160417B.JPG

• Like 4

I didn't get "out", but I did get "in" over the weekend with the show ski team.  28 lifts and 25 docks Saturday, 3 lifts on Sunday.  Water in the 50's, used the bottom half of my divers suit.  I am bruised, sunburned, and stiff today....exactly how a Monday morning should start!

2016 sun tan.jpg

Edited by Michigan boarder

I am much closer. I got my lift and docks in today. The next week looks bad, a lot of rain and mid 50's for hi temps. And at least one night under freezing. So far this spring $uck$!

• Like 1

I know, I am late to the show again! This last month has been a small setback for me. Had another tumor removed April 1. The night before I went in for surgery I got a call from my brother. He was in the hospital with a large blood clot in the lung and a small on in the other lung. So both of us are doing well now. My ski partners wife had a hole open up in her hart. She died on the table but thank god the surgeon brought her back. This just has been a piss poor start. And well mother nature has been a big downer. Our lake opened and close three times. I have never seen the lake freeze over once it opened. I am in  for some nice weather!  

18 hours ago, Sixball said:

Tuesday and Wednesday low's are at freezing and below so don't think I will rush this week.

Weather sucks around here as well.  We had some good temps a week ago but always windy.  Looks like rainy and 50's for the next week at least.

So did a lot of outside work yesterday. I did get a ride............................. on my law mower. The yard is looking good. Holding 38 Deg. this morning hasten moved thought it would start creeping up by now.

:yahoo: We got in today!  Water 54 Air 58 cool but season is going.  I will need to pick up a new batter. She is not doing well. Took my jump pack with us.  This is the first time I could not get the boat to prime on the fake, fake a lake.  New plugs rotor cap and rotor,also a new impeller.  Will get the pontoon in tomorrow I hope. 

• Like 2
ahopkins22LSV
12 hours ago, Sixball said:

:yahoo: We got in today!  Water 54 Air 58 cool but season is going.  I will need to pick up a new batter. She is not doing well. Took my jump pack with us.  This is the first time I could not get the boat to prime on the fake, fake a lake.  New plugs rotor cap and rotor,also a new impeller.  Will get the pontoon in tomorrow I hope. 

Nice!! This weekend looks kinda crapy, but the extended forecast is looking good!

MalibuNation

Agreed on the w/e.  Rain by 2 and biting ENE winds today - I'll be lucky to get in a mow.  Dreary and cold tomorrow.  But as @ahopkinsTXi said better days are ahead. and I pickup the boat next w/e!

Got out for some lunch time runs today. Not the best, windy water still @ 54 air  57. Still not so good run's are better then no runs. This time of year its good to get the arms and back ski time!