Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Who is riding already in 2016?

wakemitch

Is anyone else still riding right now?

I have been super lucky that even with the air and water in the 40s lately, the local cable park is still opening up at least one day each weekend. It is really hard to get a pull behind a boat this time of year, but I am so stoked that Velocity Island is open.

Last weekend was so awesome. It was cold, but total glass. I was there wakeskating for the last hour and I was the only one on the cable for a lot of it. When I would fall they would bring me a rope and I would keep going. I love winter riding!

Now I am just waiting on my new Home wakeskate that I ordered back in September. The wait has been brutal and annoying, but I hear the boards are great.

I havent wakesurfed in forever, but if anyone is still riding and needs a third hit me up :)

I haven't been out in a couple months due to a remodel but I'm done now and itching to get out. If you are down for a trip to Sacramento, I will let you know when we do. My winter riding buddy took on the responsibility of coaching a basketball team so he cant make it out on the weekdays which is usually when we ride. Our issue is that it is usually a last minute decision to go.

Las Vegas has been a little colder than it has been the past couple of years, but if the outside temps go above 60 this weekend, I'll be out using my drysuit. Then I 'll try to go out at least twice a month until mid-March, then every weekend.

Edited by bbattiste247

good for all of you warm weather guys. I shoveled 3" this morning. The water just froze over. Not enough to skate never mind ATV or snowmobile. We have got a ton of four wheeling in the trails though and it was an incredibly mild fall and beginning of winter. We should be back on the water in 3 months!!

Still riding here in Clermont Florida! Rode twice this week in just a heater top. My wetsuit hasn't even left the garage. Florida livin' is where its at!

• Like 2

Yep, no problem here. Was 43 deg C (109.5 F) at Corowa yesterday...

We ski all year round - 35C here today

15C in winter though so for a couple of months of the year we do have to break out a drysuit.... sometimes we are forced to turn on the heater !

:whistle:

Edited by Punyelroo

Still riding here in Clermont Florida! Rode twice this week in just a heater top. My wetsuit hasn't even left the garage. Florida livin' is where its at!

I was in Cape Coral over the holidays, I should have never left! We're freezing up here.

• Like 1

In 2015 I announced the ice on our lake had melted on Feb 6th, which is pretty early. Then we had a dry winter & spring. And a super dry summer. So over the summer the lake level dropped 3' or 4' below the bottom of the weir (a small dam).

Today I noticed the ice has almost melted..... Over a week before last year. Hope its not a sign of things to come. Snow pack is doing OK for the moment. But tomorrow it's supposed to be almost 50 degrees & raining......in January! :Doh:

Edited by Bill_AirJunky
  • 4 weeks later...

I was lucky enough to get out this weekend 

My fiancée even got a 360 on her first ride of the year   I hope it gets her more into riding!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

IMG_0827.mov

image.thumb.jpeg.860b5968c3dbc39ec9e6035image.jpeg

Edited by wakemitch
  • Like 3