Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

boat cover options

slipperinn

Time to upgrade my cover and been doing some research but want to make sure! Talked to Cory @ evolution and seems like that's the direction I'm gonna go, any reason not to? I tow with it on and my boat sits along side my house may-September. thanks!

Evolution is the way to go.

You might want to ask Cory about additional piece for transom and swim platform (not for towing, but to protect from sun).

Or, you could do like me and use your old cover, which, if its like mine, fastens all the way back under the edge of the swim

platform and provides protection to transom, on top of the better cover. Keeps the bird droppings and dirt/dust off the new

cover as well, and maybe even prolongs life of new cover by minimizing damaging UV exposure when stored outside.

Best cover under the sun. And great service too. Probably the best time of year to buy too.

Probably is the best time to order, but I know he's a few months out at least even right now. Good for Cory!!

I have to agree. I had an amazing experience with Evolution covers. Super expensive, but I am very happy!

Saying they're super expensive is relative. Compared to what? Walmart's offering? The only other similar cover option I would consider is from Bakes and they're more expensive. Or you could go local but it will probably be a total custom job and you'll pay accordingly.

I guess I should have posted pictures of Cory's work for me. I had the transom and swim platform cover for both.

5E094E34-9933-4EA0-90BE-E142CC857376_zps

Only putting this in here so you can see the transom and swimstep cover

IMG_0383_zpscc8d1cb2.jpg

4536C929-41E4-41AB-B36C-E4C5FE4312E4_zps

Edited by BlknYlwT22
  • Like 2

thanks for posting pic's! Just got everything ordered. Cover, swim deck cover and transom cover. If anyone else is thinking about it get on it! He has orders through mid march! Excellent customer service, knows everything Malibu!

thanks for posting pic's! Just got everything ordered. Cover, swim deck cover and transom cover. If anyone else is thinking about it get on it! He has orders through mid march! Excellent customer service, knows everything Malibu!

I wonder if he will make a custom cover. I want a cover that goes over the entire tower.

I wonder if he will make a custom cover. I want a cover that goes over the entire tower.

Probably not. You would have to bring your boat by his shop for fittings. I don't believe he's done that type of cover.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky
  • 2 weeks later...

Not to thread Jack, but I'm looking for one aswell. I've got it between skiboatcovers.com and evo.

Obviously people above like Cory, I just really like the idea of having all of the gel coat protected from the California sun. I do not plan on towing with my cover on

Not to thread Jack, but I'm looking for one aswell. I've got it between skiboatcovers.com and evo.

Obviously people above like Cory, I just really like the idea of having all of the gel coat protected from the California sun. I do not plan on towing with my cover on

Cory has a detachable skirt option that you may want to look into.