Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Blower about to go out.

I have a 2012 22 Mxz and the blower motor sounds like the bearing is going bad. Does anyone know what kind of blower it is or the part number for them. The local dealer is completely useless where I'm from. Thanks!!

I have a 2012 22 Mxz and the blower motor sounds like the bearing is going bad. Does anyone know what kind of blower it is or the part number for them. The local dealer is completely useless where I'm from. Thanks!!

Assuming you're near the boat, you should be able to see the information on the existing blower that will give you a manufacturer, maybe even a model number. If your dealer isn't doing their job you can also call Malibu (or send an email), they can tell you exactly what was put in your boat and if it might be covered under warranty.

There are probably only 2 Chinese manufacturers of those fans in the world. I went to the local boat seller and bought the correct sized fan, pulled off the OEM electrical ends and soldered them back on. No prolonged searching, waiting or associated shipping problems or cost! JM2C

I would pull the blower and see if there is something stuck in there making it whine. Maybe even a shot of wd 40. Three years is really soon for a blower motor to go bad.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...