Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Flyboarding

ponderosasurf

Anyone on here flyboarding? Just finished my first summer with this sport and absolutely loved it. Looking to improve next summer and looking for some tips. Also want to know what people are using as a boot on their boards. I like the stock ones but looking for some new ones

Thanks!

Edited by ponderosasurf

i have only done it once (this summer) it was a lot of fun. I have no clue what gear to get but thought it would be a fun thing to get into on a regular basis. post some videos.

My buddy & his wife got to take a crack at it last summer. They both got up pretty easily & had fun doing it. Cost appears to be around $5k plus a $10k PWC. He's not ready to buy in yet. Pretty tough to take it very far from the launch site.

The people who owned the gear said their only getting about 300 hours from the PWCs. Their using supercharged SeaDoos for 200+ lb guys & turn 6k - 8k or more RPMs.

IMG_20150807_195915858_zpslj1vnn4p.jpg

More pics & video here: http://s144.photobucket.com/user/AirJunky/library/1st%20flyboard

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

I considered it after trying one a friend had rented - until I found out the rental company replaces the PWC engines on a regular basis "a few times per summer." I got the impression it was way less than 300 hours.

We have one. It is a spendy investment, but well worth it. We are running ours with an RXT-X which has plenty of power to get anyone out of the water. We also live on the lake so we do it right from our dock. I am in Iowa around the des moines area if anyone from the crew is looking to try it out this next summer. I will get some photos posted soon