Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Question on audio inputs...

NCSurfing

Question...since I was less than impressed by the Viper Bluetooth audio volume, I started playing around with other inputs to see the difference in audio volume however, didn't have much success. What are the other ways to connect an iPhone? I tried the USB in the glove box however, that didn't work (it's the only wire I had with me). I guess I could use an aux line? I saw a call for iPod but that looked like a pin connector?

Thanks Mikeo - good read and that clarifies my questions. Any experience using it over the Bluetooth as it relates to audio volume levels?

Question...since I was less than impressed by the Viper Bluetooth audio volume, I started playing around with other inputs to see the difference in audio volume however, didn't have much success. What are the other ways to connect an iPhone? I tried the USB in the glove box however, that didn't work (it's the only wire I had with me). I guess I could use an aux line? I saw a call for iPod but that looked like a pin connector?

AirEnabler WiFi... way better than blue tooth and multiple phones can access at once

AirEnabler WiFi... way better than blue tooth and multiple phones can access at once

Wow..I love this solution and didn't know I had this option! Is there a noticeable improvement in audio volume over the viper blietooth with this?

As for setup, it looks like source control would be via the Aux port in the glove box. How about power - does that USB port in the glove box provide power or do I use the 12v receptacle?

Edited by NCSurfing

My android has one of the better blue tooth transmitters out there. On a recent 2015, I found the Medallion Viper volume to be better than the tuner, certainly way better than the 3.5MM AUX and nearly as strong as the USB. I seen other i-phone users comment on weak BT with other receivers. So look into your phones BT before condemning the Viper.

You could try one of these.

SABRENT Wi-Fi Audio Receiver for Home Stereo, Portable Speakers (WF-RADU)

http://amzn.com/B00L26YDA4

I've got one of these hooked up to the receiver in my truck. I have a Kenwood DNX 6990hd and it has a USB port with an aux port in the back of the unit so I plugged it in the back and just left it there. Out of sight, out of mind. It works well, just have to set it up with a static ip so you can use cellular data to stream music.