Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Nashville boat show prices

wdr

Headed down thinking this was going to be another bust of a boat show. I was crawling in and on all the best everyone had to offer until I spied the "holy grail" of wake boats. I have read what the other makers would consider "fan boy cool aid laced narratives" on it, but what a boat! Of course I am referring to the M235 and whatever else everyone says about it, pictures do not do it justice. I haven't ridden behind it nor will I ever get the chance to, but not including the wave producing capability, the fit, finish and styling IMO finally bring "this Malibu" to what I would consider top of class execution. I have ridden in/behind my friends G23 and loved most everything about it except the look and up until today given the opportunity I would of bought a new G over an LSV. Nothing wrong with the G in any respect, I just like the Malibu styling and execution better is all. I have to also admit that the other new Malibu boats I was in have a lot better finish than my '10 so my previous complaints about my '10 appear to have been fixed. If I could afford the G in the 100k range, the 235 was not far off at $169,648.72. Pretty sad to be able to rationalize a triple digit boat regardless of the digits used!

I hadn't been in a Centurion in a while, the dash layout out is big improvement from past experience. The SV244 was priced at $104,375. The Supreme S238 was at $82,140 and the fit and finish was pretty nice I have to admit. I think the biggest disappointment was the Tige line up. The Z3 felt cheaply apholstered and the overall engineering and layout kind of felt like and after thought, especially the recessed seat positions in the rear bench corners. A big and uncomfortable waste of space. Didn't get to MC, but I didn't feel cheated by not getting there. The SC guys were trying hard to sell their new '14s so we kept walking. The SC hull styling is different!!!

post-14628-0-45370800-1452383500_thumb.j

This thing dwarfs the G. It was spinning a 17" prop and had the new material which I really liked. Not too fond of the pull back bench, but it would be functional. There was a new dash on the floor on a pedastel hooked up to a LSV so I got to explore it. Almost a zero learning curve on it, outstanding! You can't really appreciate the overall lines of the boat unless you see it in person.

Edited by wdr

We hit up the Kansas City show today, which is put on by the Lake of the Ozarks Dealers Association (there will be a 2nd KC show in a few weeks). I'm uploading pics to my photo bucket account now and will post them tonight. Malibu/Axis and Tige weren't represented today.

Moombo Mojo and Craz - I've never been behind one, but these boats seem like a bargain compared to the price of everything else. Just under $68,000 for the Mojo and just under $63,000 for the Craz. The dealer didn't know anything about the boats though, including how to work the seats. Which by the way, the wake view seating (or whatever Moomba calls it) requires you to install the seat back separately after sliding the seat forward. Very poor design IMO and my wife and I decided we'd probably never end up using the seat back. And both boats were wet in between the cushions and even the carpet in spots (which left me with wet socks - yuck).

Supra SA450 - $136,200 - 6.2L engine - Impressive boat. Their wake view seating has integrated cupholders when the seat is flipped over, which we'd probably use quite a bit on the water. We like the trunk that can hold a surfboard at the transom. Bungee racks on it too. And......it was priced higher than the G23 (more on that later). Great boat, but I'm not sure I'd consider it at this price point.

G23 - $134,000 - My wife and I love this boat the more we're around it. The 2016 graphics are nice and not as flashy as past years, which I didn't care for. Our few gripes on the boat were - bungee racks only instead of clamps, only 1 set of racks on each side of tower, no strut in driver's side glovebox to hold the lid up. Otherwise, we like a lot of things about this boat and plan to demo one this upcoming season. In floor cooler, storage room everywhere, power ports everywhere, their version of the sport knob seems nice, side air vents in the windshield, offset screen at the helm gives clear view out the windshield, etc. Very knowledgeable dealer - explained the reason for the redesign of the hull in 2016, etc.

Centurion Enzo SV233 and SV244 - $105,000 for the SV233, which was a 2015 (and sorry, I didn't get the price on the 244) - The guy from Centurion there was one that helped developed a lot of the design of the boats so he was super knowledgable - and they brought a cooler of beer and offered up to us as we just chatted about the boats. We really enjoyed our time there and were impressed with many of the features - Ramfill, "iPad" style control center, LED lighting and down firing speakers for the cabin (sounds good, looks good with LED's on, but may be a bit much hanging off the tower). I didn't realize their center tracking fin can rotate to level out the boat when underway until today either. In the end, monstrous amounts of ballast in these boats (5,000+ lbs in the 244) and you sacrifice a lot of storage for that, which would probably be a deal breaker for us. And the SURF graphic on the side is horrible. The rep showed us pictures of his boat with it removed and the gel lines are nice. And, although they didn't do it on the show boats, you can have color matched gel around the tower legs that looked really good on photos of the rep's boat. The show boat just had black plastic there, which wasn't the greatest. Oh, he mentioned all stitching in their vinyl is now Gore-tex. The vinyl patterns and quality in the SV244 seemed top notch.

X30 - Only MSRP shown, no show price shown. My wife and I have always like the X30, but felt a bit underwhelmed by it this year. The stitching is incredible. Solid master craft quality, but nothing new to speak of on this boat from what I've seen in the past. One small change was the rear seat corner back are now contoured and much more comfortable to sit back in.

The G is a nice boat surfed one this summer its loud though . ( engine/ trani noise) . The M235 has a better surf wake is totally quiet compared to the G . Malibu did their homework and got it right with the M . Was told Malubu is inly making 2 a minth if the M235 and they come totally loaded . We had 16 in it was comfortable and warm in the cold weather only thing they are missing is radiant heat in the floor which would be an easy inexpensive option to make happen . There is also a warming tray inside the engine compartment to warm suits/ vests up

Was at Denver's show yesterday. Can't believe the Supra Roush is $167k. Unreal. I was semi impressed by the Moomba's & their price point but then I remembered it said Moomba along the side & moved along.

I was looking forward to finding Tige's new entry level but didn't see it & the rest of their prices sent me running over to the Bayliners. I liked the Axis T22, wife hated it after crawling around inside, the huge engine cover was a turn off, storage was week. No, we are in love with the Supreme s226, it is semi sort of close to something I may be able to afford soon & she is on board with getting one. Would rather have the enzo but for 70k a fully loaded supreme is hard to ignore. Want to demo one but I think we will be a Supreme owner before too long

• Like 2

Racer "I was semi impressed by the Moomba's & their price point but then I remembered it said Moomba along the side & moved along."

My thougths exactly. In my opinion, the Craz is a better boat than the T22, no question, but I would have a difficult time pulling the trigger based on "Moomba Craz". I know it's lame but..

Racer "I was semi impressed by the Moomba's & their price point but then I remembered it said Moomba along the side & moved along."

My thougths exactly. In my opinion, the Craz is a better boat than the T22, no question, but I would have a difficult time pulling the trigger based on "Moomba Craz". I know it's lame but..

I am interested to hear why you think this.

Edited by BlknYlwT22

My overall impression of the Moomba line ( Craz and Mojo ) was that they were not necessarily a "price point" boat. With the exception of electronics, even though that IS what they are. A few things that stood out were the normal windshield (although I've leaned to like the Axis' more and more).

Base motor with semi-closed cooling.

The helm/dash on the Moomba is wrapped. It's not leather but it sure beats plastic.

Retracatable ski pylon option on the Moomba.

Power wake plate is more convenient than manual wedge and gives more wake shaping capabilities.

Interior was not squared off.

The cupholers on the sides of the Axis seemed cheap, they were just platic inserts thrown in.

Although I do like the Axis tower, Moomba has a couple of options that are both decent.

I've yet to see a level bimini on an Axis. I can't figure out why they are all facing down so much?

The Moomba's use reversible pumps vs Axis aerator pumps.

The rear facing seat on the Moomba is on track instead of just freestanding like the Axis.

Speed control on Moomba is more convenient

I noticed more fiberglass and bolts on the Moomba where the Axis has plastic and screws.

Don't get me wrong I still love the Axis line. Hell, I'll probably end up in one by summer but if the Moomba had the letter A X I S on the side, my search for a new boat would've ended long ago. Some of that is the "cheesyness" of the name, some is my wife and kids being boat snobs and some has to do with not wanting to leave my Malibu/Axis dealer.

Again, this is just my opinion.

Edited by Simo

My overall impression of the Moomba line ( Craz and Mojo ) was that they were not necessarily a "price point" boat. With the exception of electronics, even though that IS what they are. A few things that stood out were the normal windshield (although I've leaned to like the Axis' more and more).

The helm/dash on the Moomba is wrapped. It's not leather but it sure beats plastic.

Power wake plate is more convenient than manual wedge and gives more wake shaping capabilities.

The cupholers on the sides of the Axis seemed cheap, they were just platic inserts thrown in.

Although I do like the Axis tower, Moomba has a couple of options that are both decent.

I've yet to see a level bimini on an Axis. I can't figure out why they are all facing down so much?

The rear facing seat on the Moomba is on track instead of just freestanding like the Axis.

I noticed more fiberglass and bolts on the Moomba where the Axis has plastic and screws.

Don't get me wrong I still love the Axis line. Hell, I'll probably end up in one by summer but if the Moomba had the letter A X I S on the side, my search for a new boat would've ended long ago. Some of that is the "cheesyness" of the name, some is my wife and kids being boat snobs and some has to do with not wanting to leave my Malibu/Axis dealer.

Nice write up. I like the slanted Bimini on the axis. I found that while underway the Bimini stayed level due to bow rise. Actually kept shade better IMO because it wasn't pointed up from bow rise.

Appreciate you typing that all out. Definitely some differences. I will say this, I absolutely love my boat and feel a lot of how cheap Axis feels has to do with how the interior colors are laid out. The stainless cupholders also make a huge difference.

IMG_0390_zpsbd5a03cc.jpg

The lighting does suck in this picture, though

Edited by BlknYlwT22