Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Our Malibu Tour

wakedncsu

Definitely. And really, what is considered a bare bones M235? What price are you paying for that?

I was told at the Nashville boat show that all M235 come loaded, Just pick colors. True or false? If true, what is the difference between no flake boat and full flaked boat? That should be the difference.

It was announced a long time ago the new boat would be within an existing space, I did not think it would be REPLACING the MXZ line though. It also does fit in with Malibu's recent changes, bigger, heavier. Look what they did to the LSV, VTX, and VLX.

This is a similar formula applied to the MXZ line. The exception is at this point you can only get the super premium version. Also like the others they started with a 23 which is the most popular size and missing from MXZ line up. I would halfway expect next year to see a 21/22 MSERIES and have either one or both the 20/22 MXZ phased out. Then in two years a BEASTLY 25 footer.

Just my $.02

While the MXZ series may change over time, there are no plans to be replaced by the M235 or any models designed in a similar M235 design style.

Peter

Edited by SmoothWaterMan

Sweet boat, and nice pics... how was the smell? When I visited MB I could not believe how much chemical smell was in production. They have a much smaller plant but can't imagine breathing those fumes every day. At least nobody has any back pain at the end of the day! :) that surf pipe looks great, how much is Malibu charging for the upgrade?

edit: just saw that build sheet, $800 for that surf pipe? I guess real world price would be $500 more than likely, I love mine and they do work great, no doubt.

Edited by Fman

This was in photos of one the dealers links posted here, should please Nautique dealers at every boat show across the country.

E5FD0962-32BC-4E26-B627-FF6B35C6B35F_zps

That's only $47,340.00 more than the MSRP on my loaded '16 G23...... But, my G doesn't have a shower, or a power inverter.

Also, to be fair, I did spend $3500.00 to get ptm clamping racks from my local Supra dealer. (Roswell mounts on G tower are same as the Roswell tower in a Supra)

Lets be real, that boat can be had for $155k more than likely. Nobody is paying FULL msrp on them. 30% off is not unrealistic, especially if you are a serious buyer at the table. Still damn expensive, but not even close to $224k.

Lets be real, that boat can be had for $155k more than likely. Nobody is paying FULL msrp on them. 30% off is not unrealistic, especially if you are a serious buyer at the table. Still damn expensive, but not even close to $224k.

Very true, but the same discount is not unrealistic with any of the other offerings from Bu, MC, or CC..... Which was why I only based my statement on the MSRPs of the two boats.

It is a big jump, but not necessarily an unbelievable one with the way wakeboat pricing has been going.

Very true, but the same discount is not unrealistic with any of the other offerings from Bu, MC, or CC..... Which was why I only based my statement on the MSRPs of the two boats.

It is a big jump, but not necessarily an unbelievable one with the way wakeboat pricing has been going.

Will you be considering an m235 next year?

Will you be considering an m235 next year?

I do believe I will look at one/demo it. I did have a pretty good chat with a dealer about it...... But at $33k more than my G on a negotiated price, I don't see it happening. Among other reasons...

I'll certainly give it a fair shake when it is time again.

I usually go to that show on Friday, so that will be Feb 5th...look forward to seeing it! I'm sure going to miss pulling INT this season :(

I expect to be helping Jimmy out over the weekend. I don't know what day(s) he wants us there to help. I plan on talking to him today or tomorrow about it. If not helping out on Friday, we will definitely be there just hanging out. We usually get dinner downtown around 9 or so. If you can stay that late....let's do dinner. You are more than welcome to ride on ours this season.

Sweet boat, and nice pics... how was the smell? When I visited MB I could not believe how much chemical smell was in production. They have a much smaller plant but can't imagine breathing those fumes every day. At least nobody has any back pain at the end of the day! :) that surf pipe looks great, how much is Malibu charging for the upgrade?

edit: just saw that build sheet, $800 for that surf pipe? I guess real world price would be $500 more than likely, I love mine and they do work great, no doubt.

The smell wasn't bad at all. I expected to have a headache when we left, but it wasn't like that. At no point did we even need to put a mask on. The factory floor is broken into two parts. All the fiberglass and gel were sprayed in their own room. The ventilation in that room was outstanding. I have a stronger fiberglass resin fumes when I do work at the house than they did.

There are a couple areas the M235 is way more than other malibu models. Example cabin speakers $7800 vs $3500, Rear view camera, $1000 vs. $400. Subwoofer $2000, vs $900, tower amp $2000 vs. $855.

I could be wrong but I think expecting 30% off is likely too aggressive on new 2016's. 20% absolutely, 25% maybe, 30% probably not. Although it could depend on the local market.

Ug........I guess I took the 5 from about 2008 or so, and added the 13 from now to get 18. Oops, honest mistake.

Didn't mess with direct drives just to keep it simpler. Don't think those have changed any, if at all?

I believe MC's lineup has grown. Pretty sure that Moomba's and Nautique's (206, 210, 211, 220, 226, 230, 236 - now G21, G23, G25, 210, 230 - sorry if there are trim differences, I dont know their boats as well) have actuallly shrunk. Not sure about Supra, SC may balance out. I don't know off the top of my head, I've looked up enough, feel free to support the claim to the contrary with the same kind of info I provided, and I'll freely admit I was mistaken. That is non-sequitur to the overall point that Malibu customers have tons more choices now than they did not very long ago. It used to be that length was the big differentiator. Then it became entry/premium and length. Then it became entry/premium, length, bow style. Not is is entry/premium, length, bow style, and freeboard/mass. And of course the prices have gone up and up and up since then, as well (as has Malibu's operating cost, given the relatively flat profit margin).

Anyway, not that it really matters. I'm just not too sympathetic to the argument about a reduction in choice.

Regardless, still crazy to see a quarter million dollar price tag on a build sheet for a wakeboard boat! I still do not understand Malibu's pricing strategy on this boat, why would someone even pay $20k more for the M235 over a proven G23? You would think they would want to be apples to apples in pricing to get buyers moving towards the M235.

Regardless, still crazy to see a quarter million dollar price tag on a build sheet for a wakeboard boat! I still do not understand Malibu's pricing strategy on this boat, why would someone even pay $20k more for the M235 over a proven G23? You would think they would want to be apples to apples in pricing to get buyers moving towards the M235.

It is a very interesting marketing strategy for sure. For years Malibu has been the brand that provides more value and high quality for less than Nautique and Master Craft. Now they introduce a new product to market with the intent to position it as the New Premium Wake boat , with "best performance", highest quality, no expense spared, and at a premium to all other boats in their segment.

Master Crafts and Nautiques have been thought off as the highest quality in the industry for decades and allowed them to be higher priced than a Malibu.

It will be interesting to see if Malibu can actually pull it off. Sure some Malibu Owners might love it and buy it, but for me this doesn't match their current brand image.

The real test is do the Nautique and MC owners see and believe this boat is worth the premium, and are willing to pay it.

• Like 2

I am guessing if someone owns a current G23 they would be hard pressed to sell it and spend another $40k+ on a M235. Infact, the exact opposite already has happened here, one long time Malibu owner jumped shipped for a G23 because the M235 is way to expensive. It already backfired.

Great pictures! Love the color! Mine sprays on the 1st of the month. Look forward to seeing you guys at the Raleigh show! I plan on being there all day Saturday.

They build 2 M235's a month

I toured the factory last week, too, and I can assure you that Malibu builds more than two M235's per month. I saw two half way through the assembly line and two about to leave the factory.

Great pictures! Love the color! Mine sprays on the 1st of the month. Look forward to seeing you guys at the Raleigh show! I plan on being there all day Saturday.

Is this the one at the convention center Feb 5-7?