Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Our Malibu Tour

wakedncsu

Lol...yeah. It's an A24, but the boat with the most pictures is clearly ours. We expect to be unwrapping it at the dealer next week. We are very excite.

• Like 3

I didn't know the 'surf pipe' was an option. I'm assuming that's just Malibu's FAE answer? How much is that option?

Great looking boat and thanks for sharing. I hope to do a tour in Feb!

Great pics!

Thanks for sharing. You must be pretty excited!

Thank you. We are very excited. The boat should be at the dealer tomorrow or Thursday.

So if they are phasing out the MXZ line, what will people do if they want a lower optioned Malibu with a picklefork design? Have to step up to the premium M series? Go Axis?

I suppose. Once they build some of the M series boats and if they start letting you option down...I don't know that the price would be too far off the current MXZ line. So I would say your options would be pretty close to what they are today still.

So if they are phasing out the MXZ line, what will people do if they want a lower optioned Malibu with a picklefork design? Have to step up to the premium M series? Go Axis?

What did they do before 2012? What do people who want a 21' boat do? I was one of the ones saying when rumors started out that I didn't think a new line would be added. I was wrong, but it does make sense to me that there is to be a phase out period. I just don't see the overall volumes supporting that many different boats.

It's product evolution. What I'm saying is that the MXZ is definitely cheaper than the M series. If over time the MXZ is going to be phased out to carry on with a premium M series, you as a consumer will have less choice. A lot of people do love their MXZ, but don't want all the bells and whistles.

It's product evolution. What I'm saying is that the MXZ is definitely cheaper than the M series. If over time the MXZ is going to be phased out to carry on with a premium M series, you as a consumer will have less choice. A lot of people do love their MXZ, but don't want all the bells and whistles.

There is still a HUGE price gap. I ordered a 24MXZ with almost all of the boxes checked, it was no where near 220k MSRP. So even optioned down the M series is 20% more than the current MXZ lineup.

If over time the MXZ is going to be phased out to carry on with a premium M series, you as a consumer will have less choice.

Hmm......so about 7-8 years ago, (in V-Drives) we had:

VTX

VLX

V-Ride

23LSV

247LSV

Now we have

A20

A22

A24

T22

T23

VTX

VLX

23LSV

25LSV

20MXZ

22MXZ

24MXZ

M235

From 5 models to 18. "Less choice" isn't something I think Malibu customers are dealing with.

How many do the others have? Skier's Choice has 8, Nautique has 5, MC has 10.

Edited by 67King

Hmm......so about 7-8 years ago, (in V-Drives) we had:

VTX

VLX

V-Ride

23LSV

247LSV

Now we have

A20

A22

A24

T22

T23

VTX

VLX

23LSV

25LSV

20MXZ

22MXZ

24MXZ

M235

From 5 models to 18. "Less choice" isn't something I think Malibu customers are dealing with.

How many do the others have? Skier's Choice has 8, Nautique has 5, MC has 10.

I'm not the best with math, but you listed 13 models there. Where are the other 5...?

What did they do before 2012? What do people who want a 21' boat do? I was one of the ones saying when rumors started out that I didn't think a new line would be added. I was wrong, but it does make sense to me that there is to be a phase out period. I just don't see the overall volumes supporting that many different boats.

I was also one of the guys saying the new G Killa wouldn't be the start of a third boat line. I felt like it made sense for it to be the evolution of the MXZ line. However...

Now that they've released it and we know what it is, I kinda feel like the M will make for a terrible replacement of the current MXZ lineup. Think of like the "platforms" in the auto industry. What they just released seems like a terrible "platform" upon which to build a new series of mainstream, volume boats. As a "one off" boat, sure. But I'm not sure I want that platform being the basis for an entire series of boats it replaces... way too heavy and expensive a platform to start with.

Let's consider engines alone... Didn't we read that the reason the Roush is standard on the M235 is because it's so damn heavy you actually need it? Folks seem so anxious to get to a de-featured M235. But I can already predict the TMC threads dedicated to power issues with the measly 440 in that boat. And as Joe alluded to above... even if you can option it down (motor being the primary $ saver in doing so) and even if it does work effectively with the 440, it's still ~ 20% premium over the MXZ line. That will either limit sales or it will create a stark disparity between the pickle boats and the traditional boats (like you see at Nautique where one line is significantly more $$ than the other). IMHO the reason Bu has both lines is to give us choice, not create a caste system.

Somebody said above that this works for Nautique...? Uh, not so much. The majority of their volume is concentrated on ONE model (G23). As a business owner I'd never choose that model. In the short term it sounds great (all the volume on the high margin boat). But long term I'd argue that Malibu is way more healthy with volume spread over many successful models. I wouldn't want all my eggs in ONE basket.

Just one guy's opinion...

• Like 1

I'm not the best with math, but you listed 13 models there. Where are the other 5...?

Well, don't forget the Response, Response LXR, and Response TXi, but that's 3.

Peter