Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

MB Quart DKH116 with Blown Tweeter

Mazeing5

I have a 2009 LSV that has these speakers in the 4 tower cans and I am looking to either replace all four with something new or buy the same pair from Germany that I have seen on Amazon and Ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MB-QUART-Koax-16-5-cm-Lautsprecher-DKH-116-DISCUS-120-Watt-DKH116-/261726745258?hash=item3cf02132aa:g:xGcAAOSw1vlUrVB5

I like the way they sound and I would like to know if there is something new in the $120 dollar price range that are just as good or better.

I also wonder if these are being sold in Germany if they have been sitting on the shelf for 6 years.

Thanks for any suggestions.

MB Quart used to be special. That was 20 years ago. Now they are just trading on the reputation they used to have. They are no better than Sony, Rockford, etc. No need to chase down a replacement.

Thanks for the responses. After looking around I have started wondering about these:

http://www.wakeworld.com/news/latestinwake/kicker-marine-hlcd-tower-component-system-offers-ultimate-boating-audio-experience.html

Do you know if these would fit in the same factory Malibu tower cans. I would like to use the chrome grilles that come with the tower cans.

I also wonder if these sound good in the boat and out? Anyone with experience in these please chime in.

Again thanks for the responses, I'm just weighing my options.

Thanks for the responses. After looking around I have started wondering about these:

http://www.wakeworld.com/news/latestinwake/kicker-marine-hlcd-tower-component-system-offers-ultimate-boating-audio-experience.html

Do you know if these would fit in the same factory Malibu tower cans. I would like to use the chrome grilles that come with the tower cans.

I also wonder if these sound good in the boat and out? Anyone with experience in these please chime in.

Again thanks for the responses, I'm just weighing my options.

As long as those pods have an adequate mounting hole opening and an OD of about 7", then they should work, providing the depth is enough for the horn.

You would only be using two grills, one for each mid-bass, nothing on the horn. Kicker actually offers a chrome grill now that should fit.

Just note though, these are an HLCD with the primary focus of narrow cone projection for boarding. They will not be as smooth and balanced as a quality coaxial. With that in mind, these are the best sounding 6.5" HLCD on the market, and includes some that have been retired. Their component setup and continuous flare horn offer good mid-bass and a balance.

Where in SC are you?

Thanks for the info. Really wanted to keep the factory look even on the horns. They did look as if they would not alow for the original cover to fit back on.

I am in Sumter SC. We ride at Santee most of the time.