Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Who wants their own private water playground?

tn_rider

Live there for a fraction of the cost, have neighbors so close you can toss a rock and hit their home, have an HOA and neighbors all over the lake. I'll take the mansion where I can walk out my front door naked and pee if I want, play all the loud music I want, do power turns in my lake if I want. Park my boat in the yard, driveway, or on the street in front of the house. Etc...I live on my own personal playground (436 acres) but lack a mansion and a lake ?. Dreams!!!

• Like 1
So looking at that initially, I was like "how in the hell is a lake house in the Chicago area so freaking cheap?"

Then I looked into it:

- 1+ hour drive from Chicago (without traffic) is hardly "Chicago area."

- That lake is a shared pond. I'm certain it is water-skiing only with a ton of restrictions. Neat but not what I'd want.

Still not a bad price assuming there are jobs in the area, but not nearly as good as the add makes it sound.

Live there for a fraction of the cost, have neighbors so close you can toss a rock and hit their home, have an HOA and neighbors all over the lake. I'll take the mansion where I can walk out my front door naked and pee if I want, play all the loud music I want, do power turns in my lake if I want. Park my boat in the yard, driveway, or on the street in front of the house. Etc...I live on my own personal playground (436 acres) but lack a mansion and a lake . Dreams!!!

THE best neighbor to have is acreage....lots of acres on all four sides!!

• Like 1

THE best neighbor to have is acreage....lots of acres on all four sides!!

Though I agree with this, I have no complaints about our neighbors. That said, I live in a neighborhood of 34 homes, each with 1.5 - 2 acres. I also have the 2nd best or best plot in the neighborhood depending on what you want in a plot of land, live in a cul-de-sac with neighbors that will give a friendly wave but leave you alone beyond that. I'm sure it would be a different story living in a conventional neighborhood with houses up on top of each other.

My neighbors are miles away. I'll snap pics when I get home from work Tuesday. I'll post a link to my washing machine that went out blowing up with 10 pounds of tannerite in my front yard if I can figure out how to load it on YouTube. It blew the pictures off my walls. The neighbors called freaking out haha. Nothing but woods and fields around my place. Might make a good topic! See everyone's land and homes! I'll bet there are some pretty amazing ones in the crew!