Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Music at the Dock

jslipher

Got one of these: Bose SoundLink Bluetooth Speaker III

Great sound for a small unit. Rechargeable Lith Ion battery lasts all day, Blue Tooth or Aux input, and it'll fit in a gallon ziplock bag.

Ditto. We have a Bose Soundlink as well. It's perfect. We take it when we travel, too.

Hotel party whhhhhhat?

Big Jawbone.

Bought mine when they first came out yrs ago and were $$$, now they're a lot cheaper. Good battery life, great volume. Compared it with a buddy of mine's Bose and blew it away. It is a bit chunky though.

I'd buy it again if I had to.

Good luck.

Big Jawbone.

Bought mine when they first came out yrs ago and were $$$, now they're a lot cheaper. Good battery life, great volume. Compared it with a buddy of mine's Bose and blew it away. It is a bit chunky though.

I'd buy it again if I had to.

Good luck.

Your buddy dropped his Bose in the lake, then. Because I've listened to 3-4 different jawbones and they sounded like... well, like a cheap boombox.

I'm typically not a lover of Bose, either. I think it's all marketing hype. But the sound quality between the jawbones I heard, and the Bose that I bought, wasn't even comparable.

Your buddy dropped his Bose in the lake, then. Because I've listened to 3-4 different jawbones and they sounded like... well, like a cheap boombox.

I'm typically not a lover of Bose, either. I think it's all marketing hype. But the sound quality between the jawbones I heard, and the Bose that I bought, wasn't even comparable.

I too dont usually like Bose but love my little soundlink. Lots of volume for such a small box. If I didnt want something quite so small and portable I would have bought a harman kardon onyx. A friend of mine has one and I loved the sound that came out of it. Im a bass junky though, so Im sure the sounds not for everyone.

Side note, Im not usually a fan of following the trends as they pass but LOVE Beats headphones. I wanted to buy a set of the studios for when I travel, as my ears get tired from having the in ear buds in for 4 hour plane rides, but couldnt fall into the crowd. I tried a few other brands; Bose, Audio Technica, etc, and couldnt find anything with near the bass that Beats had. Anyone got any suggestions for a good over ear,studio type headphone that puts out a lot of bass and wont make me a douche?

Edited by 05hammerhead

I'm assuming you don't have power out there...

I've heard three different types of bluetooth portable sound boxes. The Bose is 2 to 3 times more expensive, but sounds 10 times better. I wish I bought a bose and not a "Brand X" sound box.

Checkout the new Chromecast audio ... it basically is a $30 add-on to any existing speaker system that turns it into a Sonos type setup. You can daisy chain multiple of them too.

Worked great for a problem I had in syncing the music in the house / deck / beach area of our place. Sonos seemed like the only way but I can just run three chromecast audios, and have my music play through all at the same time.

So basement receiver, upstairs receiver for dining/kitchen/deck, and beach area are all playing the same thing at the same time.