Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Music at the Dock

jslipher

What are all of you doing for tunes at your dock? I have a floating dock that is about 50 yards from the back of my house. I'd like to add some speakers with volume control down their but not sure what to do about the music source. Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

What are all of you doing for tunes at your dock? I have a floating dock that is about 50 yards from the back of my house. I'd like to add some speakers with volume control down their but not sure what to do about the music source. Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Do you have armed neighbors with different musical tastes? (tongue in cheek, not suggesting that anyone actually shoot at people blaring crappy music across the lake)

I have one of these waterproof Pyle Bluetooth speakers on my paddleboard. I paid a bit less than this for it. But sounds pretty good, battery lasts for maybe 10 or 12 hrs, charges with a USB adapter.

http://www.amazon.com/Pyle-PWPBTN65BK-Splash-Proof-Bluetooth-Wireless/dp/B00LK2IZAE

Or we crank up the boat system.

Or a DIY Bluetooth cooler would be great. There's a thread about them here on TMC.

I have one of these waterproof Pyle Bluetooth speakers on my paddleboard. I paid a bit less than this for it. But sounds pretty good, battery lasts for maybe 10 or 12 hrs, charges with a USB adapter.

http://www.amazon.com/Pyle-PWPBTN65BK-Splash-Proof-Bluetooth-Wireless/dp/B00LK2IZAE

Or we crank up the boat system.

Or a DIY Bluetooth cooler would be great. There's a thread about them here on TMC.

Boat system for me.

Got one of these: Bose SoundLink Bluetooth Speaker III

Great sound for a small unit. Rechargeable Lith Ion battery lasts all day, Blue Tooth or Aux input, and it'll fit in a gallon ziplock bag.

• Like 4

Brought one of the JBL Xtreams for my daughter at Xmas, most used present to date.

Bass reviews put is equal or better than the Bose Soundlink III.

We all have been more than happy with the battery life & sound quality.

Strap is good to hang from anything while out or even carrying

http://www.oluvsgadgets.net/2015/07/review-jbl-xtreme-how-much-bass-can-you-handle.html

http://www.amazon.com/JBL-Portable-Wireless-Bluetooth-Speaker/dp/B014QQAM8I

Great sound for a small unit. Rechargeable Lith Ion battery lasts all day, Blue Tooth or Aux input, and it'll fit in a gallon ziplock bag.

Have one for the house. Im surprised at how much sound it puts out.

X2; use ours all the time at home and at the dock except our is the mini and it does the job just fine

Edited by solorex

I have a Denon Heos system for the lakehouse. Have a pair of Definitive Technology outdoor speakers for the porch, and one for the dock. If you are familiar with Sonos, it is like them. You can stream stuff, or play stuff from a networked storage device (computer, NAS drive, etc.). It is controlled entirely from your smart phone.

Any of you guys have a Job Rocker? I just bought one for the garage (not here yet) but the reviews are awesome. I would think it would be pretty killer for dock tunes.

I have one of Ion other products, the block rocker. It's Great! Brother has one that we use at the lake. Have given a couple as gifts and know a few other people that have them as well. Battery lasts a loooong time. Good purchase.

• Like 1

The problem we have with using the boat system is the volume. If it's a rowdy weekend, that's great. But if it's a Saturday night it might not be OK.

Turn the volume knob counter-clockwise as needed.

I'm guessing if you need music from the dock, the boat will be there. Just use the stereo on the boat. Costs you nothing and probably sounds better than anything you are willing to invest in for a dock.

Turn the volume knob counter-clockwise as needed.

I'm guessing if you need music from the dock, the boat will be there. Just use the stereo on the boat. Costs you nothing and probably sounds better than anything you are willing to invest in for a dock.

165' long dock with 19 slips & a 300' wide beach. To be able to hear the boat tunes in any of the 3 or 4 places we might be hanging out, that's a LOT of volume. The boat system will do it, but the neighbors won't always like it.

165' long dock with 19 slips & a 300' wide beach. To be able to hear the boat tunes in any of the 3 or 4 places we might be hanging out, that's a LOT of volume. The boat system will do it, but the neighbors won't always like it.

This is a small detail that should have been pointed out. HAHA

• Like 1

And how

How would speakers on the dock result in a different outcome than on your boat?

And howHow would speakers on the dock result in a different outcome than on your boat?

The waterproof bluetooth speaker setup I listed is actually in a pack on my paddleboard & can easily be taken anywhere we're hanging out. Its been used as we paddle, around the fire pit, at the picnic table at the end of the dock, lounging on the beach, etc. Its not loud enough to bother the neighbors, especially after dark.

I use a cordless Bose sound dock while camping, among a plethora of other situations. Battery holds charge for a long time and it sounds decent. Another thing to carry to the dock but if you have restrictions, it's an option.

Do you have armed neighbors with different musical tastes? (tongue in cheek, not suggesting that anyone actually shoot at people blaring crappy music across the lake)

It is interesting that listening to other people's music is just like smelling their gas; always bad, no matter what. I promise you that mine smells like flowers and perfume. Oh, and my music selection is the best, too.