Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Recommended Wakesurf board for 2006 LSV?

Wakebrad

I am looking to buy a new wakesurf board and am looking for recommendations. Has anyone had luck with a particular board on an 06 LSV? Most of my crew is pretty heavy, 210 lbs or more.

So far the best setup I've found on my boat is to fill all tanks full (except non-surf side rear) with a 750 in the rear locker and a 550 on the back-seat. Power wedge all the way down and riding about 11mph.

I've been riding an old 2006 Hyperlite Broadcast 4'9. So far this is the best board I've tried on the wave but I would like to upgrade to better dial in 3s, work on catching some air or surfing switch/heelside. http://www.evo.com/outlet/wake-surfboards/hyperlite-broadcast-wakesurf-board-2006.aspx

I find that because the wave is tall and long without a pocket that wraps around, I have to stay hard on toeside to dig into the side of the wave rather than the wave picking you up directly from behind. It seems boards with a sharper rail are better for this. I bought Shapiro thick foam model and it is not as effective.

Ridden a few inland boards and don't care for them the Balck Pearl catches edge every time I try a 360 on it . The liquid force TC is a board that suits my style but everyone is different I recently purchased an Idol surf when they had their sale but have only ridden it once. Was similar to the TC Skim though . That's the problem with boards they are all so different . My advice would be to try as many boards as possible before buying .

I am looking to buy a new wakesurf board and am looking for recommendations. Has anyone had luck with a particular board on an 06 LSV? Most of my crew is pretty heavy, 210 lbs or more.

So far the best setup I've found on my boat is to fill all tanks full (except non-surf side rear) with a 750 in the rear locker and a 550 on the back-seat. Power wedge all the way down and riding about 11mph.

I've been riding an old 2006 Hyperlite Broadcast 4'9. So far this is the best board I've tried on the wave but I would like to upgrade to better dial in 3s, work on catching some air or surfing switch/heelside. http://www.evo.com/outlet/wake-surfboards/hyperlite-broadcast-wakesurf-board-2006.aspx

I find that because the wave is tall and long without a pocket that wraps around, I have to stay hard on toeside to dig into the side of the wave rather than the wave picking you up directly from behind. It seems boards with a sharper rail are better for this. I bought Shapiro thick foam model and it is not as effective.

Picture of your wake would be nice... also try more ballast in front as well... when I use to list my 23 lsv:

All factory full (no factory front ballast)

1100 rear surfside

800 floor surfside

1100 surfside seat mid cabin

1000 bow

I love my doomswell board (Nubstep which is a hybrid board... mixture of surf style and skim style)...

what is your location and I will see if there is a dealer nearby to provide you a demo board.

Thanks for the responses. I need to get a pic of the wave. I also purchased a wicked-wave, aftermarket surf-gate that I still need to install. Hopefully that will help!

I'll check out these boards. I'm in Dallas.

I actually really like the broadcast, I'm not big on surfing but do it occasionally. I have no problem doing 360's and carving around and find the broadcast is one of the easiest boards I've ridden to stay in the pocket. Your problem with it is you have the 4'9" version. Try to find someone selling the 5"6" version and it will be way easier for bigger guys. All my friends over 200lbs just sink on my 4'9" broadcast. I'm at 190lbs and have no problem riding either version.

Picture of your wake would be nice... also try more ballast in front as well... when I use to list my 23 lsv:

All factory full (no factory front ballast)

1100 rear surfside

800 floor surfside

1100 surfside seat mid cabin

1000 bow

I love my doomswell board (Nubstep which is a hybrid board... mixture of surf style and skim style)...

what is your location and I will see if there is a dealer nearby to provide you a demo board.

You have a picture of this in the water? I bet the Wave is killer!