Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Favor

NCSurfing

For those of you with a 2015 23 LSV, if you can send me a pic of how your RFX6000 is wired behind your amp board, this will be greatly appreciated. I labeled everything however, have somehow gotten it wrong putting it back together...or something is broke :(. Thx...

Edited by NCSurfing

Why not just download the manual and make sure each wire goes where it is supposed to?

I did that however, what this doesn't show me is the in-boat harness that plugs into it...I labeled everything as I unplugged it however, something has to be amiss. Am thinking it's the gray connector that's runs to back of viper II - check out the 'Installation Reference Sheet' below

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/support/knowledge.aspx?kbsrc=http://rftech.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/rftech.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1209&p_li=&p_topview=1

Edited by NCSurfing

I saw the other thread(s) and picked this one for the response... I don't have a picture of my wiring, but I've re-wired mine enough that I could do it blindfolded (and it's dark in the storage compartment behind the mounting board!). From what I can understand from your posts, there is something loose/unplugged, but what it is could take some work to find.

First question:

Do you have the rear seat remote control panel? What about a transom remote?

Both of these remotes could be causing a conflict, and the easiest way to troubleshoot this is going to be to remove things that could be causing a problem. I'd unplug the lead to going to any other remote and see what happens. It's possible that the remote lead and the dash lead were reversed. (that shouldn't cause a problem, but we're chasing a gremlin here)

Since the amps are turning on, the black box is doing at least something it's supposed to do correctly.

The main part of the wiring harness that is a "factory" part from Malibu hold the speaker level wires from the amps to the in-boat speakers but also delivers 12V, ground, and remote to the black box.

Did you touch anything under the dash? behind the steering wheel or behind the fuse/breaker panel? The cables for the "sport knob" and the factory BT audio are all on the drivers side...

I saw the other thread(s) and picked this one for the response... I don't have a picture of my wiring, but I've re-wired mine enough that I could do it blindfolded (and it's dark in the storage compartment behind the mounting board!). From what I can understand from your posts, there is something loose/unplugged, but what it is could take some work to find.

First question:

Do you have the rear seat remote control panel? What about a transom remote?

Both of these remotes could be causing a conflict, and the easiest way to troubleshoot this is going to be to remove things that could be causing a problem. I'd unplug the lead to going to any other remote and see what happens. It's possible that the remote lead and the dash lead were reversed. (that shouldn't cause a problem, but we're chasing a gremlin here)

Since the amps are turning on, the black box is doing at least something it's supposed to do correctly.

The main part of the wiring harness that is a "factory" part from Malibu hold the speaker level wires from the amps to the in-boat speakers but also delivers 12V, ground, and remote to the black box.

Did you touch anything under the dash? behind the steering wheel or behind the fuse/breaker panel? The cables for the "sport knob" and the factory BT audio are all on the drivers side...

Thanks Mikeo! No other remotes however, I also feel like it's the dash remote lead that is the culprit. I noticed it had shrink wrap over the connection when I was taking it out, which I thought was odd as these are big plastic pin connectors. I stayed away from behind the dash on purpose however, I will need to have a look and make sure nothing is loose.... Edited by NCSurfing