Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Why hydrofoil?

Big Jay D

Where does one buy a foil from? I've wanted to try for a while but I don't know anyone that has one.

In your area, check out East Coast Hydrofoil in Jacksonville at www.eastcoasthydrofoils.com or X-Air in Madison, GA at www.xairfoils.com.

There's also Skyski in Redding CA at www.skyski.com. Or AirChair in Havasu, AZ at www. Airchair.com. Or Cinchmax in Plaquemine, LA at www.Cinchmax.com.

Where does one buy a foil from? I've wanted to try for a while but I don't know anyone that has one.

I'd recommend buying a used Air Chair locally or, off ebay just to try it.

You should be able to find one in the sub $500 range.

Watch Craigslist for a few months, they come up from time to time. Just have to be patient.

Awesome. I'll check used out first. If there's anyone in the area I could reach out to for a pull I'd buy them a tank of gas.

Foilforum.com might be another resource to meet other people that ride. Used equipment from people that are upgrading is often posted there as well.

OK Not as impressive as the OP, This was back in 90 something, I bought this from Mike Murphy at the Boat show in Portland, it was the new Sky Ski They were brand new, I ended up trading it in on new 1967 Camaro Parts, ( Priority's) Back then no one around my area had one, It was cool showing up to the lake and putting on a show, Only blew out my ear drum once...LOL I did manage to pull off quite a few back rolls but never really consistent, I wish I knew others who rode back then might have really got good at it, Air%20inn_zpsilag9nfd.png

• Like 2

There used to be a company in Portland, some guys on the Willamette called Foil-n.com. They sold Foils at the Portland and Bend boat shows from about 2000 till maybe 2010. They're still in the area, but out of business now. I've been to Shasta quite a few times with them.

A couple more cool pics. Always loved those head on shots.

JakeAirjunky_zpsvooxdbhp.jpg

BK_Snake_2009Medium.jpg

JakefoilboardRoll_zps9fnv5hw6.jpg

• Like 2