Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Why hydrofoil?

Big Jay D

It must be difficult to learn, I have seen many different riders doing flips and all sorts of stuff on a hydrafoil, but I have never seen anyone learning on one. I am sure this is not the case, but it looks like you just get on one and start flipping.

Well..., kind of. It's just that when you first start, you're not trying to flip. Still do it anyways.

yup...just about every 10 -15 Sec. I'd flip right into a face plant. ..lol....

• Like 2

Can you rent foils?

There have been a few shops who rent foils. Hasn't been every year, much less every lake though. Might be easier for one of us to hook you up with a rider in your area. Let us know when & where you do a camping/boating trip & maybe we can get you hooked up with someone.

It must be difficult to learn, I have seen many different riders doing flips and all sorts of stuff on a hydrafoil, but I have never seen anyone learning on one. I am sure this is not the case, but it looks like you just get on one and start flipping.

Not cheap to get into for good equipment that's upgradable compared to wakeboarding or wake surfing.

There have been a few shops who rent foils. Hasn't been every year, much less every lake though. Might be easier for one of us to hook you up with a rider in your area. Let us know when & where you do a camping/boating trip & maybe we can get you hooked up with someone.

Ok Bill sounds good!! Come on up to Kalamalka lake this Summer and you can witness my

flips onto my head first hand..... lmao....

if there is one thing I can Do well that is entertain the crew....

Edited by Dare2goBare
  • Like 2

Ok Bill sounds good!! Come on up to Kalamalka lake this Summer and you can witness my

flips onto my head first hand..... lmao....

if there is one thing I can Do well that is entertain the crew....

So I know riders in Penticton, Salmon Arm & Burnaby. Plus organized events on Pine Lake & Seely Lake. Not to mention our own organized event on Lake Pend O'reille in July.

We definitely need to hook up & will have several options to do that!

• Like 1

So I know riders in Penticton, Salmon Arm & Burnaby. Plus organized events on Pine Lake & Seely Lake. Not to mention our own organized event on Lake Pend O'reille in July.

We definitely need to hook up & will have several options to do that!

As of last summer I've got a place in Tween lakes resort .. on the very south end of Kalamalka lake. Penticton is

about an hours Drive south. Let's see what happens! :)

I'm also planning a trip this summer to Pittsburgh for a few days

to hook up with JB-FOOT and his crew for some barefooting. . Stay tuned on that, Sure to be

some good entertainment for the crew on this meet & Greet. :Doh: ...lol...

• Like 1