Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Years day on the water

h2oratJR

Maybe in my kayaks, the WS is sleeping. You probably don't want to poke the bear....

Anyway the local lakes are 15 feet plus over summer pool and all the ramps are closed. The rain just moved out after two weeks of grey wet weather.

Not going tomorrow but we will be on Lk Shoecraft Saturday 11am. It was a balmy 19 degrees this morning but beautiful sunny days for the 1st ski of the year. Haven't been on the water in 11 wks so can't wait! Pics coming soon.

Red

Spent last winter in Charlotte . Wish i had found this mesage board then. Good eats @ Mckoys & Midwood Smoke house . Fish Market in Fort Mill. Drove by Lake Wiley a few times and was itching to get out there nice area. Enjoy your day

Air was about 38 yesterday, water maybe 35, but there was ice at the end of the lake, and the snowballs that got thrown into the water didn't melt.

Here is h20ratJR footin yesterday, thanks for a great day on the water, loaning me a wetsuit, and of course a pull!

What a great way to start 2016

post-2340-0-13769700-1451753409_thumb.jp

Thanks for coming out . We will have to do it again not sure if we will squeeze in another run B4 total ice over . Id like to shoot for atleast a run in Feb if I can keep it open in front of the house enough if not it will prob be Easter . Once the footage is ready I'll make sure it gets sent to you .

Our Fearsome Foursome - 23 degrees and 1/4 of the lake lightly frozen. A beautiful 1st ski of the year.

shoecraft2012_zpsjdxmrtse.jpg

Oops, got Doug too close to the ice on his barefoot run - lucky he had on warm booties!

dougice16_zpsrrtob5js.jpg

Finished the day with some Crown on the rocks

crownice2016_zpspsfvt6lk.jpg

Edited by Rednucleus