Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Response TXI with G3 Tower

aussietl

I'm looking for a photo of a Response TXI with G3 tower in the folded down position.

Does anybody have one they can share?

Just want to get an idea on how it sits relative to the windscreen, especially if it has a tower bimini on it.

Depends how far forward or back you mount the tower.... We do aftermarket installs 3" behind the windshield. Front of the Bimini will be in front of the top edge of the windshield.

Check out my boathouse pix.

My TXi has the tower mounted.

Thanks Holden.

Yep, already looked at your boathouse pics and every other TXI I could find. Cant find a pic with the tower folded anywhere though :(

Depends how far forward or back you mount the tower.... We do aftermarket installs 3" behind the windshield. Front of the Bimini will be in front of the top edge of the windshield.

Any chance of a pic from an install you did?

I'm looking for a photo of a Response TXI with G3 tower in the folded down position.

Does anybody have one they can share?

Just want to get an idea on how it sits relative to the windscreen, especially if it has a tower bimini on it.

Aussietl, are you trying to determine overall height ? If so, and you have speakers it will affect the overall amount the tower can be lowered as the speakers will hit the windscreen. I actually had to shift the speakers aft a bit to allow the tower to lower some more to get it in the shed.

I have what you are after but not here at home ... its up at the shack. I can get a photo on the 23rd Jan and any measurements you want then if you still need them.

Thanks Punyelroo

Yep. wanting to see how it sits and overall height. I don't have speakers on the tower so that wont be a problem but do have the tower Bimini.

I think the Bimini will sit forward of the windscreen.

By the look of your boat, your tower is mounted further forward than mine which suggests your was made in the US as I couldn't get the AUS guys to mount it further forward. I will move the tower forward to where the US build is.

I pick up my boat next week so I'll be able to work out how its going to sit once moved forward. This thread was to try to get an idea on the location before I pick up the boat.

Thanks Punyelroo

Yep. wanting to see how it sits and overall height. I don't have speakers on the tower so that wont be a problem but do have the tower Bimini.

I think the Bimini will sit forward of the windscreen.

By the look of your boat, your tower is mounted further forward than mine which suggests your was made in the US as I couldn't get the AUS guys to mount it further forward. I will move the tower forward to where the US build is.

I pick up my boat next week so I'll be able to work out how its going to sit once moved forward. This thread was to try to get an idea on the location before I pick up the boat.

:) You are quite right - its a US built boat :whistle: As I recall the distance between the windscreen (most rear point) and the most forward point of the G3 mount, when measured on the top of the gunwale is 13" on my boat. ( I hope that makes sense - I'll re-measure it when I can to be sure ) ... Frankly I wouldn't want it much further back as with a decent skier (not me) on the back, the rope can get very close to touching the rear of the tower when out wide.... It does touch if you get someone out on a crazy whip but I guess thats not the norm... :biggrin:

My Bimini certainly sits forward of the windscreen so I just fold the back section over to the front (it sort of ends up folded in half in the front seats) and it will fit in the shed. So you don't have to take it off completely which is a complete PITA.

Sorry I can't help you with pics until the 23rd....

Thanks Punyelroo

13" would be about right. Holden (on the crew) said his was 13.25" so that sounds like where mine will go.

Apparently, the aussie guys wont put it further forward because when they do, it doesn't sit in behind the windscreen. By their logic, this means it wont fit into a standard aussie garage opening. Of course, once you have a cover, or you have a Bimini, it wont fit behind the windscreen anyway so I think its a bit of a poor reason.

When I quizzed them on it, they said that if I dont like the position of the tower, perhaps I should buy an aftermarket one. I didnt understand that logic.

I decided I would get it where they put it, and then I'll move it forward and put some stepping plates or similar over the holes created by the current tower position.

Probably means I'll get to post some "modifications" pics.

• 2 weeks later...

Here are a couple of photo's - if you want something else sing out :biggrin:

IMG_2699_zpsbf9vmf80.jpg

IMG_2698_zpsnlniv89v.jpg

IMG_2700_zps4ovcqexb.jpg

In my case it winds up being 2.2m high (I did crank the torsion bars 'up' a couple of notches on the trailer too)

Cheers

Edited by Punyelroo
  • Like 1