Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wakemakers - Excellent CS!

Ndawg12

I thought there was a recent shout out to WM but I couldn't find it so here's mine!!

I recently bought 2 reversible pumps, a skim board, and a board travel bag. Chatted with Joel online while purchasing and making sure my malibucrew discount was applied. Chose the free shipping option and everything showed up ahead of schedule and sat on the floor of my office for over a month. I started my ballast install and realized one of the pumps would not turn on, tried it on several different power sources, nothing. Called WM and tried some more trouble shooting tips, no go, called them back and immediately was emailed a return fedex label. A few days later I noticed my travel bag didn't fit my boards, oops I totally ordered the wrong bag, called them back, no problem, send it back and we'll apply full credit to a new bag. So I send the travel bag back, hey where's my fins to the new skim board I just bought, crap they're in the bag I just sent back to WM!! Call them up, no problem, we'll pull them out of the bag and ship them back with your replacement pump and bigger bag. A week later it all showed up as promised, they even wrote my name on the bag of fins, surprised it didn't say dumba$$ :biggrin:

So I was probably their worst customer ever and they continued to answer the phone or return my calls and chat online with a great attitude every time. And this was all happening during the holiday shopping season. I talked with Spencer and Joel each several times, seem to be great guys. This was just a totally different experience than what I was expecting after reading several posts about them being too busy, not answering or returning calls etc. Maybe those customers were just way bigger PITA's than me and I wouldn't blame WM :biggrin:

So cheers to WM, I'm a customer for life and can't wait to add more to my ballast system all ready,

-Dumbass

Just like you, I have had nothing but excellent service and support from them since I ordered all my ballast stuff during Thanksgiving. I have called and online chatted with Joel, Spencer and Jason which have all been a huge help. No doubt that I will be a long time customer.

• Like 2

I recently purchased a wetsuit from WM, and they sent me the wrong size-XS. Since the website doesn't have a "confirm purchase" page, I totally didn't see the size I ordered. I had to send it back at a cost of $21 and have the correct size sent in 2 days at an addition cost of $17.

I felt that WM was partially responsible for my mistake since I was required to put in a size just to look at the details of buying. Several days later, I returned to the website to make the purchase which was saved in my cart. By this time, I forgot that I put in the first size from the drop down menu. I then saw that it was what I wanted, so I put in my info and clicked place order. I didn't even realize it was XS until I checked my email that night at home.

I politely expressed my concern and they said they may reimburse me for the return postage, but they did not. I also purchased something on Amazon, and I was able to see all the details of my purchase before I bought it.

Edited by bbattiste247
  • 11 months later...

Shout out to Wakemakers!

I recently had an issue with a new bow bag and pump combo. Wakemakers was very accommodating and went the extra mile to help me out. I've spent a lot of money there the last few years and will continue to do so. 

Thanks @spencer :thumbup:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, teamerickson said:

Shout out to Wakemakers!

I recently had an issue with a new bow bag and pump combo. Wakemakers was very accommodating and went the extra mile to help me out. I've spent a lot of money there the last few years and will continue to do so. 

Thanks @spencer :thumbup:

Agreed +1

what did you end up with?

• Like 1
On 12/14/2016 at 0:02 PM, teamerickson said:

Sumo max pump with the max bow bag. Until I feel like plumbing it in. :)

Bring your boat over this spring and we will install a reversible, better yet we can do both boats at the same time :)

• Like 3
47 minutes ago, Fman said:

Bring your boat over this spring and we will install a reversible, better yet we can do both boats at the same time :)

Want to do three?  I have pumps on my Christmas list. 

• Like 3
3 hours ago, teamerickson said:

Do RIs need bow weight?

Bow bag is only for wake boarding, I didn't even order one in mine. All 3 rear, but no bow!

Ixfe still needs to show us his 2017 boat. 

Edited by DarkSide

Speaking of bow bags, I'm thinking about doing this quick connection on the kick panel directly below the bow bag on my 23.  Nice short fill/drain hose.  Just need to be sure I can 90 degree off the back of this and fit it between that panel and the bow tank.  If not, I'll find another location, maybe just above the heater tube.  I also want mine closer to the main cabin so that I can fill other bags if needed.  My crew is generally just me +1 most of the time.

61L5usnlfHL._SY355_.jpg

2 hours ago, DarkSide said:

Bow bag is only for wake boarding, I didn't even order one in mine. All 3 rear, but no bow!

Ixfe still needs to show us his 2017 boat. 

Will he go 25LSV or 24MXZ?  All hell will break loose if he goes with an Ri....

• Like 2

Honestly IXFE and family wakeboard too much to go an RI, I suspect there will be a sweet 25LSV coming next year.   However he does have the 23LSV flip down to a science, and if it ain't broke, don't fix it!  So who knows.....

• Like 1