Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

need new stereo for pontoon

foiler1

Hi All, last summer I started having problems with my Kenwood and I assume it is due to the fact that it was not a marine stereo. The unit keeps going into protect mode. I press the reset button and it works but only for a few minutes then back to protect. I have four fosgate speakers and an amp. Any suggestions on a decent but not too expensive unit? Need Bluetooth! Thanks

J

I had good luck with the Clarion marine head unit we had in both our '04 Wakesetter and '98 Ski Nautique. I can't say I ever did use the Bluetooth feature though (I don't use it in our Axis either).

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_020M303/Clarion-M303.html

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_020M505/Clarion-M505.html

The gasket seal BEHIND those cover plates will almost always fail over time so water can drip in behind the cover bezel. When replacing the HU re-seal the protective bezel against the dash with a fresh silicon bead.

• Like 2

A few years ago, I put in a kenwood marine head unit in our pontoon with new speakers. This season, I'm adding an amp and powered sub. I don't recall the HU we used, but it's a tuner with aux imputs and BT and it's been perfect for our uses and it was about $100 IIRC.