Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Take a look at these gelcoat pics...

CFH

ahopkins22LSV

^^ that's what I was thinking. Most boat lift bunks run a bit longer than the length of the cradle which is not as long as our boats. I'm not saying this is correct, perfect or whatever, just how every lift I can think of is setup.

Sorry for the derailment.

I offset my canopy top, much more to the bow. This allows me to pull the boat deeper into the lift. The boat then sits on the lift with the prop just behind the cradle cross brace. That give the stern (weight) supported more then the bow. I only have 20.6' and not a heavy boat.

Should those bunks be carpeted? It looks like they are directly sitting on the gelcoat. I have zero experience or knowledge with a lift, but it seems no padding on the bunk would not be a good idea??? At very least would scratch up the gelcoat.

Should those bunks be carpeted? It looks like they are directly sitting on the gelcoat. I have zero experience or knowledge with a lift, but it seems no padding on the bunk would not be a good idea??? At very least would scratch up the gelcoat.

The bunks have heavy duty vinyl pads that run the whole length of the bunk and actually contour to the boat hull. The nice part about them is they last forever. Carpeted bunks means they are wrapped around wood (which means redoing them every so often). I walk under the boat all the time while it's on the lift and there isn't a single mark on the hull from the bunks.