Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Routing 1/0 AWG Power and Ground

Murphy8166

Looking at the main power and ground for the amp board on my 15 LSV and the positive run is pretty self explanatory. Panning to exit the Amp Board at point close to the bow of the boat and run the 1/0 power cable along the bulkhead, over to a fuse under the battery selector switch housing and finish it off at the common on the Blue Sea Switch.

Now for the Ground, I guess I could run it along the same path but that is a lot of excess 1/0 Awg cable....What about this. Have the 1/0 ground cable exit the opposite end of the Amp rack (side where there black box is located) and have a very short run to the batteries underneath the observer seat. Would not be opposed to adding some wire management clips to keep cable secure.

My wires are usually on the back of the amp board including mu distribution blocks. Every power and ground (black box, EQS and relay) originate at the distribution blocks.

Thoughts?

Pics? Diagram?

My first reaction is that the shorter the run the better, even using over sized wire. If you go up out of the amp board and across the top to the batteries you may have a cleaner look, you still have to get to the batteries.

Pics? Diagram?

My first reaction is that the shorter the run the better, even using over sized wire. If you go up out of the amp board and across the top to the batteries you may have a cleaner look, you still have to get to the batteries.

That batteries are under the seat on my boat - they come that way from the factory. And you don't have to get to the batteries on the power side - you get to the switch.

Don't have the ability to make a diagram at the moment but I'm hoping that someone with a 14 and up model, or spent time in a newer model with be able to envision what I am saying.

All ground go back to the batteries...the amp board will have one 1/0 ground cable exiting the board. Amp that back of the amp rack there will be a dist block that grounds 3 amp, RF Black Box, Audiocontrol EQS and a relay for the amps turn on's.

All I am asking is if anyone has considered the alternative route for the ground cable?? Trust me when I say - I'm pretty darn decent at Install and the various wiring guidelines when it comes to a noise free system.

I like the idea of the alternate route and keeping the ground cable shorter if only by a few feet.

You might consider taking the B+ on that same path also. Reason being, I like the B+ & ground coming into the same bottom corner of the amp panel and approaching each amplifier from the same direction.

I like the idea of the alternate route and keeping the ground cable shorter if only by a few feet.

You might consider taking the B+ on that same path also. Reason being, I like the B+ & ground coming into the same bottom corner of the amp panel and approaching each amplifier from the same direction.

I thinking it could result in about 8 ft of savings and with 1/0 wire that is a SAVINGS.

Cheapest way to get quality heavy shielded true 1/0 for me was to buy industrial jumper cables and strip the ends with good terminations....if you are price sensitive.... Something to consider.