Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Acme 2315 vs 2419

geogilbert

As a follow up to a previous post I have read about everything I can find on propping a 22 VLX w. the 350 that will be extremely weighted. (primarily for wakeboarding) My assumption is 800+ in each locker and round about 1000 in the bow, potentially more if it will fit. I still have some questions surrounding propping it.

Both the 2315 and 2419 are 15x12 but have 0.105 and 0.075 cup respectively. What are the functional differences or is there a better option?

If it's a 22vlx then it has a pw2. The 2419 will give you more low end torque than a 2315. You will also turn more rpms and burn more fuel. There is not a huge difference in rpms between the two. I would vote just go with a 2419, it is more aggressive. If the 2419 does not do it you are probably tapped out on power and will need to dump some weight.

Edit: I have to also recommend OJ props who make a comparable prop to the 2315 and 2419. Eric who runs OJ will let you demo there props, he will send you multiple options to try out. Huge plus to making a decision of what works for you. Both companies make a nice prop, I have run both of them on multiple boats with no issues. Contact him at [email protected] and he will take care of you.

Edited by Fman
  • Like 2

I have both props. The 2419 will run a couple hundred rpm higher coming out of the hole. (4200 vs 4000 stall rpm). I think either will handle that ballast with a 2-3 people in the boat. The 2419 will handle more weight than a 2315. I like the 2315 because it cavitates less on tight turns and I have one at the end of our wakeboard run.

Ran both 2419 and 2315 this year on my 22vlx, both have tons of bottom end with my set up of all stock full, 2x750, 2 clicks and 6 adults. Down side is cruise speed is dismal, I am going to try an oj 948 or a acme 1235 this year to see if I can hit a happier medium, play and cruise.

Ran both 2419 and 2315 this year on my 22vlx, both have tons of bottom end with my set up of all stock full, 2x750, 2 clicks and 6 adults. Down side is cruise speed is dismal, I am going to try an oj 948 or a acme 1235 this year to see if I can hit a happier medium, play and cruise.

Yea, I would say if you use one of the low pitch props you are "hard core", dedicated to creating an optimum wake. Other boating activities are secondary.

You might try the acme 2249. Same as 1235, but 15 inch diameter vs 1235 at 14.5 inch diameter. I also have a friend that tried the 2277 but found the 2249 would handle the extra ballast and people better.

+1 for the 948, this is the prop I ended up leaving on our boat. With the 409 its been a great prop to push the weight we want without excessively high rpms even at 2000'. Definitely worth a demo from Eric.

I've dealt with both OJ and Acme extensively... Eric at OJ is A++++ to deal with. I've had 3 custom props made by him, I would deal with him again without hesitation.

Acme on the other hand....

Looks like nyryan and nitrousbird have had opposite experiences with the 2 prop makers.

If you poll folks that have worked directly with Eric at OJ, I would bet that most have nothing but good things to say about him and his product. Nitrousbird's interaction was probably an outlier. Eric will let you trial props to make sure you get exactly what you need, price is a tad better, and product quality is on par with ACME. Not sure how you get much better than that.

• Like 2

If you poll folks that have worked directly with Eric at OJ, I would bet that most have nothing but good things to say about him and his product. Nitrousbird's interaction was probably an outlier. Eric will let you trial props to make sure you get exactly what you need, price is a tad better, and product quality is on par with ACME. Not sure how you get much better than that.

My experience(s) with Eric have been nothing but positive, helpful, prompt and informative. Not a knock against the competition, just never have had a reason to look any further than Eric!

Edited by WINEGRAPEGROWER