Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

'08 23' LSV maintenance recommendation in Houston

I bought this boat new in '08. My first year of ownership was not a fun dealer experience. Lots of warranty in the '08 year and I always seemed to get my boat back dirty with foot prints on my new carpet. Once I was no longer required to visit the dealer.... I never went back. I change my own oil at 50 hrs and my boat after 8 seasons is immaculate. I'm fearful of MIF (maintenance induced failures). It runs like a top after 300 hrs. My Vdrive oil looks brand new and I've never changed it. Plugs, cables, mounts... All look good. I've changed the water impeller once and keep a spare in the boat (water impeller is overdue...) That said, it's time to probably change the plugs and is ther maint. required on the shaft packing? I'm getting water leaking in at a higher rate....I'm thinking that needs some tlc. Also, bilge pump is original...probably time to put a new one on, etc.

Can anyone recommend a good shop in the greater Houston area that can look at my '08 LSV, monsoon 340, and can do some basic good maintenance... Thank you!

That's a big question, and I can't help you with finding a shop, but I will tell you that you want about six to ten drips per minute from your shaft packing with the boat idling in forward gear. You can probably adjust the drip rate with a single monkey wrench by bumping the pair of nuts as a unit to slightly tighten or loosen them. It won't take much motion to change the rate.

First, welcome ! Only 2nd post with a boat from 08 and essentially NO issues. Awesome. You made it this far with doing your own maintenance, my suggestion is to do the above tasks by asking more questions here. That way you can't blame anyone but yourself if it isn't done to your liking.

Steve B.

• 4 months later...

I also have a 2008 LSV bought the boat brand new from Daryl Moore(got bought out by SMG) after a trip to SMG in Conroe with multiple problems with them I have resorted to take by boat to Texas Malibu off highway 35 in New Braunfels! It's a long drive but they do great work!