Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boxing Day - rant number two - boat cover trouble

PeteOOXXOO

Me again ? Thought I'd also have a rant about my new boat cover. I couldn't get an Evolution cover from Cory as the Australian 22VLX is narrower than the US ( to fit in with towing regs). For those that remember I was was going to build an extra garage for her but that got too hard. So I finally got a full cover made to go over the tower and swim platform as well.

First problem - dropped it off on the Monday 2 weeks ago - says it will be ready by Friday. Told him I would pick it up Saturday. Friday rocks around - office and mobile phones going to message bank, no response to text or email. Saturday same thing - drove up there - shop lovked up tight!! And I had a proper full ski day (my first one with the new boat) organised for the Sunday - had to cancel. Rang him again last Monday - as if nothing was wrong!?! Anyway, picked her up on Wednesday - and I was impressed. Looked great! As it is so big I had no plans to tow with it on - but he said it would be OK to leave it on to get it home so I did. The next day I tried to take it off so if could go get petrol - couldn't! He has the whole nose cone in one piece with just a round hole to go around the D ring - and it plus the bow were hard up against the roller!!

So today I had to start heading to the boat ramp with the massive cover (windsail!) on, figuring I would start to launch, get a gap, take it off, and off we go. But that would mean a 40 minute trip flapping around. So I found a hill, loosened the straps a bit, gunned the Beamer and created a gap. Took the cover off then ratchet the bow back so all,good in the end. But seriously, what a poor design!! When he is back from the break I will get him to put a zip up the front!!

Anyway, rant over. Felt good to vent - especially after the electrical gremlins today also!! Thanks for listening ??

Merry Christmas to you all and your families from Down Under! All the best for 2016!! Bring it on ???

You have a lot more patience than I have. It would have been hard for me to go back after it wasn't ready and try to act as though nothing happened. I would have wanted to give them a piece of my mind. Great job and glad it eventually worked oui.

Edited by bbattiste247