Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boxing Day electrical gremlins -22VLX

PeteOOXXOO

Merry Christmas Crew! Had a great day out on the water today...mostly... Any suggestions appreciated ?

Had to get a tow back in today (after 20 minutes of paddling). After the first run I killed the motor while swapping boarders - and she wouldn't restart. Not even try. Everything was active (dash etc) but no go. Once back at the dock we could here the solenoid clicking but not a spark - and the volts didn't budge at all. Gave the starter a few gentle (!) taps and she finally fired up, albeit a but sluggishly. So off we went, again, with the plan of not turning the motor off again until the end of the day. A few minutes in, the dash and everything else froze- couldn't do anything!! Wasn't game to do (another!) power cycle so we skied the rest of the day. Back on the trailer I cycled the power and the dash came good (oddly when I hit the off button the small screen still stayed lit - so I did the isolator. Started the motor though - ok, except again sluggish to start. We had been skiing all day with the motor running and the volts seemed fine.

Any ideas??

Oh, she is only 6 months old, with just 20 hours on her.

Thanks in advance.

Pete

not saying this is it, but all of those electrical systems on that boat require the hand of zeus to tighten ALL electrical connections. Battery terminals, cables to battery clamps, starter, etc... I've seen these boats do some of the most screwed up stuff, caused simply by a loose battery cable

Thanks guys. The dealer actually rang me last night (yes Boxing Day!!) - now THAT's customer service (Northside Marine). Suspects something similar -though I did check the battery terminals etc). Booked me in for Tuesday so hopefully an easy fix