Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Evidently it's time for a new dock

chris4x4gill2

New dock is on order. Slip for the Malibu will be on the outside / upstream side so that the extra decking is continuous with the swim deck. We are still trying to get some exemptions permitted for the walkway length. Biggest upgrade is we are going with aluminum decking so I am very happy about the reduced maintenance. Builder has promised completion by early May so we should be good to go by Memorial Day or sooner. Still have to decide if we are going with a new lift and if so what brand.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, chris4x4gill2 said:

New dock is on order. Slip for the Malibu will be on the outside / upstream side so that the extra decking is continuous with the swim deck. We are still trying to get some exemptions permitted for the walkway length. Biggest upgrade is we are going with aluminum decking so I am very happy about the reduced maintenance. Builder has promised completion by early May so we should be good to go by Memorial Day or sooner. Still have to decide if we are going with a new lift and if so what brand.

Y'all take notes, that's how my boy Chris does WORK.

lol 

• Like 1

Ha! When I'm hanging around the dock I spend half the time thinking about what I would change or do differently. (The other half is spent solving one crisis or another the kids have created it seems like) Well, I'm getting the chance to do most of those changes now. Unfortunately I'm limited to what AL Power will allow so I'm having to compromise a little bit but most of the details we wanted are going to be a reality.

Right now my biggest concern is I think his completion date of 1st week of May is too optimistic. I do think Memorial Day is doable though.

• Like 1