Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Spark Plugs for Indmar 320 LCR EFI-MPI

MalibuWantToBe

Guys,

Really tried to do this on my own as all the information is here, yet I'm not 100% confident I have it right. Searching the site I believe I need AC Delco MR43LTS plugs gapped at .045. Yet after I got the plugs I was searching some more and found in the owners manual I need AC Delco 41-932 replaced by 41-993 gapped at .060. So now I'm questioning whether I have the right plugs for my engine.

Later in my manual it does mention that Indmar engines must use MR43LTS or AC 41-932 platinum, but no where else does it mention it.

Thanks in advance.

Guys,

Really tried to do this on my own as all the information is here, yet I'm not 100% confident I have it right. Searching the site I believe I need AC Delco MR43LTS plugs gapped at .045. Yet after I got the plugs I was searching some more and found in the owners manual I need AC Delco 41-932 replaced by 41-993 gapped at .060. So now I'm questioning whether I have the right plugs for my engine.

Later in my manual it does mention that Indmar engines must use MR43LTS or AC 41-932 platinum, but no where else does it mention it.

Thanks in advance.

Malibu owner manuals are not the best. You can always call or email Indmar and ask them.

Pre catalyst engines use the MR43LTS at .045. Cat motors need the platinum plug gapped at .060. It will run on the other plugs but they recommend the hotter plug. So the question is do you have cats on a LCR?

Pre catalyst engines use the MR43LTS at .045. Cat motors need the platinum plug gapped at .060. It will run on the other plugs but they recommend the hotter plug. So the question is do you have cats on a LCR?

I think that is what has me confused, as the Malibu manual does not specify with or without the catalytic converter. I don't believe mine has a catalytic converter. Not that I know this first hand, but mine is really a base model VTX, when I was buying it I had a private seller tell me that I should consider his over the base model as he had the Monsoon engine that had a catalytic converter and would get better mileage. So based on him telling me that, I don't believe I have a Cat.

I think that is what has me confused, as the Malibu manual does not specify with or without the catalytic converter. I don't believe mine has a catalytic converter. Not that I know this first hand, but mine is really a base model VTX, when I was buying it I had a private seller tell me that I should consider his over the base model as he had the Monsoon engine that had a catalytic converter and would get better mileage. So based on him telling me that, I don't believe I have a Cat.

If your boat is a 2008 Model LCR, you do not have catalytic converters. Use the MR43LTS gapped ay .045".

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...

I pulled the existing plugs and they were 41-993, but after reading Engine Nut's post, along with other posts and info I found, I went with the MR43LTS. I took it out for a test ride after replacing them and it seemed to be running great.

Thanks for the advice/input.