Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Merry Christmas-any Northerners boating today?

Badger

I'm waiting for the kids to get up on Christmas morning and staring at my non-frozen lake here in Michigan. Normally we would be out skating, playing hockey, and possibly riding 4 wheelers out on lake today.

Right now it's glass and I keep expecting to see a ski boat. coming down the channel. Is anyone going out for a Christmas Day set today?

• Like 1

I'm an ex-northerner now in South Carolina. I skied yesterday, water temp was 51 air was 77 overcast. Still overcast today, but plan to go out as we wait for dinner to cook.

boat is 4.5 hours away and I have 3 Christmas' to do today, all inlaws. ?? Kids were up at 5 a.m. They let us sleep in this year!?

Merry Christmas! Enjoy the day and water if able!

The lake's not frozen. But there's too much snow all over to be out on the boat. Good thing cuz we need it after the last 2 winters. They said on the news that we've already passed up all the snow we got last year.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Nb, are you home in Ohio or visiting?

It's sunny and in the 50s here in MI and ponds haven't even started to freeze much less lakes. Grass is green and no snow. Not complaining after 2 brutal winters.

Where I am the lakes are frozen. That and we are far from our boat, which is parked safely in the (probably warm) garage.

Frozen lake in Ohio? It was 55 in Akron today. I'm surprised lakes in MI are frozen too. Cuz it's awful warm where I am. We could have skied any day this December, minus a day or two.

Steve B.

• Like 1
ahopkins22LSV

Frozen lake in Ohio? It was 55 in Akron today. I'm surprised lakes in MI are frozen too. Cuz it's awful warm where I am. We could have skied any day this December, minus a day or two.

Steve B.

I don't think there is anything frozen in Michigan...

Nothing frozen in SW Michigan. If it was not for Christmas plans I was tempted to go out today, just to say I did. Boat is winterized but sitting in my heated garage so not a big deal to pull it out.

Yes, one of our kids woke up sick this morning. Went back to bed, slept for another two hours and was fine for the rest of the day luckily. He didn't open his presents until after noon though.

If my boat was home, I definitely would have been tempted this past week. Our Seadoo is on a stand in the garage. If I had my own trailer, I would definitely would dump it in, just for kicks.

Snowboarded Killington this morning, and went to the lake this afternoon!

How was Killington? Wanted to go there early next week but it didn't look like there was any snow. Tho I think we're supposed to get some Monday night now.

What lake did you go on? We're not far into NY in Saratoga.

^ Ya, Killington is pretty pathetic right now. It is top to bottom on K1, but only a couple trails. We had a pretty good morning because it was freshly groomed and there was nobody there. They certainly need snow though.... A lot more needed than they will get on Tuesday. I would give it a couple more weeks if I was you.

We went out on Lake Bomoseen in VT, which is the lake that I live on. Certainly not far from where you are. Saratoga is only about an hour from my house. I love that area.

Okay yea I've obviously driven by that lake. Used to live on Saratoga lake but live on Ballston Lake now - just south of Saratoga Springs. Small lake that doesn't get a lot of traffic.

• Like 1

Nb, are you home in Ohio or visiting?

On another thread Nitrous said he was in some other place than home. Thus Ohio is not frozen, where he is maybe it is... Where that is he will have to let us know.

I'm in the same place I am every Christmas - St John's, Newfoundland.

Where it was mid-60's at home, it was snowing here. Tons of lakes and ponds - all frozen. I'm on an island the size of Ohio and I bet there isn't a single wakeboat anywhere on this island. If it wasn't for the AWFUL weather (winter and summer), I'd be more open to moving here.