Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Orlando watersports complex wake lesson

hunter77ah

Hey guys,

Anyone take lessons at owc? I have to go down to Tampa next week and I'm considering bringing a board. I originally was just going to hit the cable park and then thought about getting a boat lesson.

Is it worth the price? I'd place myself in the intermediate to advanced category but would like to learn a bit better form and a few more inverts.

Thanks

Edit: clarify boat lesson

Edited by hunter77ah

I did back in 2012 , can't remember what I paid , but it was the hour lesson. I did learn a few things that helped with pop and proper edging. And would say go for it.

I wish I had done it in my early 20's , as I probably would have progressed better. Now I just hurt myself so there's that.

Definitely worth it. I took my son there for a father/son day and had a great time. They have some different boards you can demo as well. As an intermediate rider, you will get a lot out of it. The instruction was great and the 2 different courses provide some good challenges as well. We didn't do the boat lesson but watched a few and they seemed to have a good time.

I've been to OWC a few times, and I've never taken a lesson (but should have). I've worn myself out on the cables, so I would recommend that you start with a lesson or just warm up on the cable and then go for the lesson. How many times do you get an opportunity to get coaching & tips from pros? Take advantage of it! Bring your board if you can, you want to take a lesson on what you normally ride unless you're in the market for a new board.

If I had more time when I was there I would have taken a lesson; The past two times I managed to sneak away from a tradeshow for a 1/2 day (but it meant spending a full day before/after on booth duty).