Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2005 Indmar 320 hp with carb?

Steve B.

'04 Brochure doesn't show the 320. I had a '04 23LSV and it had the 340HP engine which i think might have been the base engine for that model. The DD boats may have had the 320's. Too long ago to recall.

Did they do throttle body injection?? My buddy's Sportster is carb and rarely any problems with it - although he says if he got a do over, he would opt for fuel injection

It looks like the TBI motor to me..... I am not sure in the Malibu lineup of motors when they switched the base engine from TBI to MPI, but I think it was late 05 for the MC Indmar predator. I would guess that it was similar for the Malibu offerings.

I'm pretty sure that's the LCR which is fuel injected.

Remember, 2005 is not the same boat as the 1999-2004 in case you weren't aware.

I did notice it being a bit wider? And the trunk opens left and right instead of just from the back. It does still have a diamond hull ? Any negatives about the 2005 changes that you can think of?

Thanks again,

Steve B.

I have no personal experience with the 2005, but most will probably say it's no longer a fantastic slalom boat like the 99-04. I do believe it's still got a diamond hull designation for what it's worth. It's a bigger boat with much more freeboard, but that might appeal to you, so I just making sure you were aware.

Thanks Sethro, that's kinda what I figured. It is a diamond hull, but bigger and I think heavier. Price seems somewhat reasonable. It's on the top of my list, but I am still looking. Tough to find a 2002 to 2004 in these models for sale.

Steve B.