Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Replacement for older Sony head unit

mtagher

Having issues with Sony Head unit so was going to replace/update. It's a CDX-GT820IP and is hooked up to 2 Sony remotes that use the Unilink connections, also hooked up to Kicker amp. The closest Sony replacement I can find is the Sony MEXM70BT but does not appear that this model (or any other Sony I could find) uses the unilink connection, so not sure how I would hook up to these remotes and I certainly don't want to replace them. Ideally I will pop the old unit out and the new one in. Only thing I'd really like to change from old setup is the integrated bluetooth but at this point I really just want functionality back without spending a lot. Tried several Sony support numbers/chats with no luck. Any help is appreciated.

Marc