Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Towing - no Cover - Windshield Open or Close?

Soon2BV

:plus1: With all of the above. Never thought of removing it but if you did OK i guess. If you are doing freeways passing trucks can do some strange things to the way air is passing over your boat. And in some cases act like a vacuum, and suck things up and out.

everything is out of the boat, and the rear hatches latch so that should be OK.

normally i would cover it, but it is a little damp from our recent weather and i want to have the airflow to dry it before i put it in storage. Even in the garage with some small fans it isn't fully dry.

cushions and all other gear is in the bed of the truck and covered.

everything is out of the boat, and the rear hatches latch so that should be OK.

normally i would cover it, but it is a little damp from our recent weather and i want to have the airflow to dry it before i put it in storage. Even in the garage with some small fans it isn't fully dry.

cushions and all other gear is in the bed of the truck and covered.

If you tow with it open, to dry things out, I would attach some kind of bungee to it to keep it from slamming shut.

If I'm just towing from the house to the ramp, or our river lot, less than 10 miles, I sometimes leave the cover on, anything further or at interstate speed I take it off.

Window always closed and latched.

Had a friend who's windshield slammed shut somehow and busted.