Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Torque Prop?

MadMan

Not really a correct term imho but it is more of a way to think of it......like a lower gear produces more torque in a truck.

That's what I was thinking, it mimics the additional torque multiplication a higher (numerically) gear ratio in a trucks axle.

• Like 1

Only reason people call it that is cuz that's what Malibu named it on the option sheet. So it's just marketing.

It can be very deceiving cuz Malibu has changed the "torque prop" many times. It started as the ACME 2315 in 2013. Then in 2014-2015 it changed to the ACME 2419. Now this year it is the ACME 2249.

I prefer when people just state what prop they're talking about.

• Like 4

Only reason people call it that is cuz that's what Malibu named it on the option sheet. So it's just marketing.

It can be very deceiving cuz Malibu has changed the "torque prop" many times. It started as the ACME 2315 in 2013. Then in 2014-2015 it changed to the ACME 2419. Now this year it is the ACME 2249.

I prefer when people just state what prop they're talking about.

I didn't realize "torque Prop" was a Malibu marketing term, I thought it was just internet slang.

And I thought it was just boat slang. People used to talk about "torque props" and "speed props" back in the '60s.

But since my "speed prop" might be your "torque prop," I agree with IXFE. Just refer to the diameter, pitch, and cup. I hate that Acme uses cryptic numbers.

Using part numbers 2315, 2247, etc is not that big of a deal. It would be different if we were referencing 100's of props, but really there is less than 20 that are relevant on the newer boats.

And for those among us who can't memorize those dozen or so props:

http://www.acmemarine.com/prop-list_ski-boat.php

• Like 1