Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Looking at 247 or 23 LSV

Bcool

I am in Idaho but will drive to get the right one, I like it but it's still over 10g's more than I was planning on shelling out.

List price and sell price are two completely different things, especially this time of year. Doesn't hurt to call.

Ndawg12....................yes, the deals I find are available to anyone. I found the 247 on craigslist. One of the stainless steel rear vents was missing and it needed a good cleaning. Most buyers just saw a nasty boat with a big hole in the fiberglass. I have to admit, when you see a Bu with that rear vent missing it looks pretty sketchy if you don't know what you are looking at.

List price and sell price are two completely different things, especially this time of year. Doesn't hurt to call.

Taking your advice, I through out an offer on the yellow Vegas boat and the red Seattle boat. Seattle already called, will see if they will deal. Thanks to the crew.

Lots of threads here on that. Search the site. Everything from Velcro stuck on wedges to aftermarket trim tab systems systems (Wakemakers) to DIY systems (with martinarcher's controller) that are essentially the same as OEM.

Had the gosurfassist installed over the weekend... Best upgrade I have done thus far.... as soon as I get some footage.. I will post

This is much better, man, great find! If that had the 8.1L I'd be driving there this weekend!

I would not be afraid of the Hammerhead engine. What part of Idaho? If it is Boise, I especially would not be afraid. I live at 2700 feet and it was never lacking for adequate power.

I owned a 2006 with the HH engine and had more fun than the MC X45 with the 8.1 I owned before it. No doubt the 8.1 was more powerful, but the 6.2L Hammerhead did its job just fine. 247's are such an awesome boat, you cannot go wrong with one.

And I sold my boat for $46,500 to the first guy who test drove it in March. I had a substantially upgraded stereo and plumbed in surf sack. The Titan tower was a nice find for me as well. I think it would have went for a few grand more if I were patient to wait for it to warm up. The 49K boat in Henderson looks appetizing. If I were back in the market, I would strongly consider it. Being a dealership, I usually expect them to mark it up higher than a private sale. I am not sure why I think that, I could be all messed up. But I would offer them 40 with your financing all ready to pull the trigger (easy sale for them) and see where it goes.

Edited by TallRedRider

I would not be afraid of the Hammerhead engine. What part of Idaho? If it is Boise, I especially would not be afraid. I live at 2700 feet and it was never lacking for adequate power.

I owned a 2006 with the HH engine and had more fun than the MC X45 with the 8.1 I owned before it. No doubt the 8.1 was more powerful, but the 6.2L Hammerhead did its job just fine. 247's are such an awesome boat, you cannot go wrong with one.

And I sold my boat for $46,500 to the first guy who test drove it in March. I had a substantially upgraded stereo and plumbed in surf sack. The Titan tower was a nice find for me as well. I think it would have went for a few grand more if I were patient to wait for it to warm up. The 49K boat in Henderson looks appetizing. If I were back in the market, I would strongly consider it. Being a dealership, I usually expect them to mark it up higher than a private sale. I am not sure why I think that, I could be all messed up. But I would offer them 40 with your financing all ready to pull the trigger (easy sale for them) and see where it goes.

I offered $38k and told them I'd grab it this weekend and they didn't come close. My initial finds are still the best.

I have an 06 247 8.1L. I bought it 2 years ago with 500 hours for $45k. It was in pretty good condition, other than some steering system maintainence needed. And the Illusion tower wobble needed to be fixed. Size wise: I wouldn't want anything smaller, and usually it's just me and my wife. You seriously just get used to it and it doesn't seem too big at all. Engine is just awesome. Certainly no regrets there. I run a lot of weight for surfing and it's never felt like a struggle. I did test drive the HH, and with an aggressive prop, it was pretty impressive. I think this model/year boat is right in the sweet spot of giving you the most bang for your buck. I did pass on a few boats that had color schemes that I couldn't deal with, so I get what you are saying there. Most of these boats look OK after pulling off the tribal graphics and upgrading to a newer style.

i would get one with the 8.1 when I was looking i only looked at the 23 and 247 cause i wanted the 8.1 I went for the 247 because the gas tank is so much bigger and figured i could go all weekend without filling up. I think I made the right decision

Any opinion on the RX, seems like you would chop up the social aspect of the boat. This is close to me.

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2007-Malibu-Wakesetter-247-RX-102646549

That is why they are cheaper. That interior would be blah.

Boise is exactly the elevation of where I live. Don't let someone tell you the 6.2 will lack adequate power unless you plan on taking it up to McCall or other places over 4,000 feet. Lots of recommendations from folks who have not had both like I have. If the boat is nice and has everything you want, do not be afraid of it. The 8.1 will definitely blow your 40K budget. I think skyskier got way lucky on getting a deal in the 30's. Those kinds of deals never happen to me, but keep your eyes peeled, you may get lucky.

Any opinion on the RX, seems like you would chop up the social aspect of the boat. This is close to me.

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2007-Malibu-Wakesetter-247-RX-102646549

I would never get an RX or a dual captain chair boat, or off the wall color combo.. A boat is one of the few items in life that i buy strongly considering ease of resale. You can have a lot of money tied up in a boat, and need to free it up fast for an emergency or opportunity. So oddball options are a bit riskier in that situation (even though dual captains chairs may actually be nice). 8.1L may be a little more expensive, but you'll get that back when you sell too. I agree with above that a HH should do just fine if you find another boat that meets all other requirements.

I am in Burley, so 4,100ft. Sounds like the 8.1 would definitely be better.

That is why they are cheaper. That interior would be blah.

Boise is exactly the elevation of where I live. Don't let someone tell you the 6.2 will lack adequate power unless you plan on taking it up to McCall or other places over 4,000 feet. Lots of recommendations from folks who have not had both like I have. If the boat is nice and has everything you want, do not be afraid of it. The 8.1 will definitely blow your 40K budget. I think skyskier got way lucky on getting a deal in the 30's. Those kinds of deals never happen to me, but keep your eyes peeled, you may get lucky.

If I had a lake I could run it, I'd take a 247 over the 23 LSV easily. My wife, being used to driving our VLX, thought the 247 drove easily and had no issues at all. I agreed, it isn't much harder to drive than ours.

8.1L is the easy choice on this boat.

Quick question on value, I found a 2007 23LSV (slightly smaller than my dream 247) for $44K. It has the 8.1L with only 30 hours. What do you think a good deal on this boat would be? $40K? Boat is like new.

Edited by Bcool